vasovagal syncope question - please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedLover25

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey girls & guys,
What's the tx generally for a vasovagal syncope? I've done some research and most sites are saying that it's usually unnecessary and that the focus is trying to identify what caused the attack, how to avoid those situations (if it was when you were looking down from a top a mtn --> don't do it again; (you get the point)) and that orthostatic training and sometimes beta-blockers may be prescribed.

Could you give me the background info as to why beta-blockers are prescribed - I've read that its to prevent another vv attack, but I wanted a little more of the MOA precisely.

Also, do you have any cool info on vasovagal syncope? Something that would maybe make an audience go "oh wow"

I really appreciate your help

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey girls & guys,
What's the tx generally for a vasovagal syncope? I've done some research and most sites are saying that it's usually unnecessary and that the focus is trying to identify what caused the attack, how to avoid those situations (if it was when you were looking down from a top a mtn --> don't do it again; (you get the point)) and that orthostatic training and sometimes beta-blockers may be prescribed.

Could you give me the background info as to why beta-blockers are prescribed - I've read that its to prevent another vv attack, but I wanted a little more of the MOA precisely.

Also, do you have any cool info on vasovagal syncope? Something that would maybe make an audience go "oh wow"

I really appreciate your help

Thanks

I have it- only when they take my blood-i dont know if there is any treatment for it, although ive read recently that most cases are usually precipitated by anxiety, hypoglycemia, etc. It seems like treating it is unnecessary, in fact i know some people who have had it (when they give blood) and then it went away.
goodluck

Same things tends to happen to me when somebody is taking my blood. I've found thinking about things that make me angry thus raising CO and blood pressure prevents my vasovagal syncope. Usually I think about the democrats or something :D