Destroyer worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johblip

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been following Dental Work's study schedule perfectly up until the destroyer practice problems section and I'm curious if its even worth it to do destroyer at all. Would it be better use of time to understand every concept chad touched on while devoting more time to memorizing Cliffs / Barron bio while working on CDP and Math Destroyer? Then going through DATQvault / Chad's quizzes / Cliff / Barron for practice problems? Finishing up w/ Achiever for PAT (since it seems that its the closest to the real deal) and Topscore for timing?

To be honest, I've really begun to feel that I've hit my proverbial studying "wall". I've never had to study this hard for anything I've ever done through ugrad and I feel I am just unable to continue spending 5-6 hours a day studying. I just cannot motivate myself to go through a resource that is seemingly not worth the time investment which also compounded by the fact that it can be quite demoralizing at times due to its "destroyer" nature. I have a solid 3.85 GPA w/ over 1k EC hours. So, I'm really aiming to get a 19 AA / TS.

Members don't see this ad.

you already have tons of materials, and only you can answer your own question.

what i can offer is this: you have more than enough tools to do well on the test. do what you can to extract as much value out of what you have and you'll be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you know Destroyer and Qvault, you should be fine. 2013 Destroyer is hard, but it has a lot of new questions. Worth the time. If you master it, back it up with qvault, you should be fine.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Destroyer really helped me and many of the real DAT test questions were pretty much the same problems as destroyer with different numbers. The main point of studying for the test is to get the general concept, so whatever helps you learn the material best is what you should do. More problems I do, the better I understand, so destroyer was a huge aid in that sense. Chad's is great, but there are only the quizzes to get practice for doing problems. Math destroyer is a great resource for working on timing and seeing what will be on the real exam. Chad's math videos is just an overview of what you will see.

Hitting that studying wall is a terrible feeling, and I suggest taking a day or two off from studying. You can always push your test back a couple weeks and spread out your studying. Don't stress yourself out studying all day and missing out on all of life's excitements.

bottom line is this.....

I have NEVER (and I've been around here for quite some time now) seen someone study the 2 destroyer chemistries hard and do bad in those 2 sections.

However....I do believe destroyer biology isn't all that helpful (its too detail oriented... I didn't like it).