Most Aesthetically Pleasing Hospitals?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drowsy12

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just came back from Barnes-Jewish, and even compared to alot of beautiful hopsitals in the TMC, it was pretty damn cushy inside. Not that it should matter, but just curious to what other hospitals associated with med schools are nice.

Members don't see this ad.

I just came back from Barnes-Jewish, and even compared to alot of beautiful hopsitals in the TMC, it was pretty damn cushy inside. Not that it should matter, but just curious to what other hospitals associated with med schools are nice.

Penn's Children's Hospital of Pennsylvania ( CHOP ) is absolutely breathtaking inside. Definitely ask to see that on the tour if you interview there.

What school is Barnes Jewish associated with?

Members don't see this ad :)
What school is Barnes Jewish associated with?

GUSOM (Google University School of Medicine).

Just kidding . . . I didn't know either, so I googled it and it's associated with Wash U of St. Louis.

Hahahaha good call. Thanks

I thought CCF and the new Children's Hospital at UW were pretty nice. UCLA's new hospital should be pretty nice if it's anything like the new numbered medical plaza buildings.

Northwestern Memorial Hospital (Chicago) is ridiculously swank.

Among the places I've seen, I would have to say Cleveland Clinic.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was impressed by Nebraska...I figured it would be all podunk and made out of corn, but I was genuinely impressed by how nice their hospital was

I know the TMC was mentioned earlier, but MD Anderson was incredibly plush.

But go check out Memorial Hermann or St. Lukes. Hell, just about all the hospitals in the TMC are nice (except Ben Taub, but hey, it's a county hospital, what can you expect?)

But go check out Memorial Hermann or St. Lukes. Hell, just about all the hospitals in the TMC are nice (except Ben Taub, but hey, it's a county hospital, what can you expect?)

Holy **** thats a nice hospital!

I love Google.

Holy **** thats a nice hospital!

I love Google.

Honestly, the way that place looks, all other hospitals pale in comparison. That being said however, do NOT be impressed by fancy buildings. They only make you feel happier but not much else.

Dartmouth Hitchcock medical center is amazing

Mayo...aside from the Gonda and the plummer buildings, it's not that impressive from the outside...but inside is like a tribute to marble and granite, along with a mad impressive collection of artwork. It definitely doesn't feel or look like a hospital inside.

Mayo...aside from the Gonda and the plummer buildings, it's not that impressive from the outside...but inside is like a tribute to marble and granite, along with a mad impressive collection of artwork. It definitely doesn't feel or look like a hospital inside.

yeah seriously...mayo is gorgeous! it makes you feel good to be inside those hospitals! [<3 <3 mayo! please accept me!]

first of all mayo ... its like being in a 5star hotel ... liek the previous two posters ... marble and art everywhere ... the childrens floor is ridiculous too

uclas new ronald regan is pretty sweet as well ... lots a marbel ... and the ER is by far the nicest ive ever seen ... i wouldnt mind waiting 3 horus there

ooo just remembered .. vandys childrens was pretty nice too

Honestly, the way that place looks, all other hospitals pale in comparison. That being said however, do NOT be impressed by fancy buildings. They only make you feel happier but not much else.

I know that all too well. I went to what is arguably the most beautiful high school in the United States. Gothic architecture, big towers, priceless paintings in the library, statues in the halls, the works.... it didn't mean SQUAT. I stopped noticing after the second semester.

Penn's Children's Hospital of Pennsylvania ( CHOP ) is absolutely breathtaking inside. Definitely ask to see that on the tour if you interview there.

Yeah...Nice attrium way...Ohhhhhhhhhh and I love how they put a McDonald's in CHOP...WAY TO GO CHOP...way to ADVOCATE eating healthy!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

But I do like all the gadgets in the attrium area

Memorial Hermann is absolutely gorgeous inside and out. The outside look I just love.

Memorial Hermann is absolutely gorgeous inside and out. The outside look I just love.

Yeah...it is pretty cool

Texas Children's is pretty cool too
Same with Shriners Houston and MD Anderson

New York-Presbyterian- Weill Cornell's Hospital was gorgeous, I was stunned when I went for the tour at the interview- they threw marble at everything there.

i second the vote for New York Hospital.

Third for New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center

I personally am impressed by Thornton Hospital in La Jolla...has the indoor palm trees and marble and a piano playing all by itself etc. haha it seems more like a ballroom than a hospital ;)

Children's Healthcare of Atlanta- Scottish Rite (there are 3 children's hospital in Atlanta) is in the middle of renovations and each stage the place gets nicer and nicer!

And for Women's Centers- Northside Hospital in Atlanta is GORGEOUS! The rooms are huge and VERY nice!

I'm voting for Dartmouth-Hitchcock as well.

I was just about to add that... Vanderbilt's Children's Hospital is incredible.

dartmouth-hitchcock medical center tops all of these...the hospital looks like a freaking mall. it even has a pianist playing the piano on the ground level. awesome hospital!

Scott and White in Temple (A&M).... mostly because temple isn't much to talk about and this huge beautiful facility comes out of nowhere, if you are looking for adding aesthetics to an area, this hospital cannot be ignored.

Ben Taub's where all the **** goes down, no time for niceties.

How do all these schools compare to the New England Hospital in Boston? Last time I was there, they were doing some pretty heavy renovation. Outside wasn't that great but inside was not bad.

Cedar-Sinai in Los Angeles!!

An "aesthetically pleasing" hospital serving "aesthetically pleasing" Beverly Hills mommies!!!

How about that one hospital where that woman was left to die on the ER floor? I think it was in California, I dont recall exactly and I dont want to go find the articles...

anyway point is, a hospital like that probably has some damn nice upholstery in the sitting rooms...don't you think?

How about that one hospital where that woman was left to die on the ER floor? I think it was in California, I dont recall exactly and I dont want to go find the articles...

anyway point is, a hospital like that probably has some damn nice upholstery in the sitting rooms...don't you think?

Um...NO!

#1) the ER was MLK in LA
#2) MLK-Harbor is no more
#3) trust me...there were no tea parties here. sitting rooms? upholstery? too funny :laugh:

One might add to the BOTTOM of the list Parkland Memorial in Dallas and Lubbock General at Texas Tech. Yeah, not designed with beauty in mind. Though Scott and White in Temple and MD Anderson are way up there. MD Anderson's 1st floor looked like a Ritz-Carlton lobby.