You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Most Aesthetically Pleasing Hospitals?
Started by drowsy12
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just came back from Barnes-Jewish, and even compared to alot of beautiful hopsitals in the TMC, it was pretty damn cushy inside. Not that it should matter, but just curious to what other hospitals associated with med schools are nice.
Penn's Children's Hospital of Pennsylvania ( CHOP ) is absolutely breathtaking inside. Definitely ask to see that on the tour if you interview there.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
8
87138
What school is Barnes Jewish associated with?
GUSOM (Google University School of Medicine).
Just kidding . . . I didn't know either, so I googled it and it's associated with Wash U of St. Louis.
I thought it was associated with Hogwart's.
Oh wait, I'm thinking of Wizards-Jewish. my bad!
Oh wait, I'm thinking of Wizards-Jewish. my bad!
I thought CCF and the new Children's Hospital at UW were pretty nice. UCLA's new hospital should be pretty nice if it's anything like the new numbered medical plaza buildings.
Northwestern Memorial Hospital (Chicago) is ridiculously swank.
Detroit Recieving...
I know the TMC was mentioned earlier, but MD Anderson was incredibly plush.
1
154465
Detroit Recieving...
haha it actually is pretty cool looking.
The Children's hospital at Wayne is pretty damn nice.
edit: The VA next to the DMC is AWESOME both inside and out.
I know the TMC was mentioned earlier, but MD Anderson was incredibly plush.
But go check out Memorial Hermann or St. Lukes. Hell, just about all the hospitals in the TMC are nice (except Ben Taub, but hey, it's a county hospital, what can you expect?)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1
154465
But go check out Memorial Hermann or St. Lukes. Hell, just about all the hospitals in the TMC are nice (except Ben Taub, but hey, it's a county hospital, what can you expect?)
Holy **** thats a nice hospital!
I love Google.
Holy **** thats a nice hospital!
I love Google.
Honestly, the way that place looks, all other hospitals pale in comparison. That being said however, do NOT be impressed by fancy buildings. They only make you feel happier but not much else.
Mayo...aside from the Gonda and the plummer buildings, it's not that impressive from the outside...but inside is like a tribute to marble and granite, along with a mad impressive collection of artwork. It definitely doesn't feel or look like a hospital inside.
Mayo...aside from the Gonda and the plummer buildings, it's not that impressive from the outside...but inside is like a tribute to marble and granite, along with a mad impressive collection of artwork. It definitely doesn't feel or look like a hospital inside.
yeah seriously...mayo is gorgeous! it makes you feel good to be inside those hospitals! [<3 <3 mayo! please accept me!]
first of all mayo ... its like being in a 5star hotel ... liek the previous two posters ... marble and art everywhere ... the childrens floor is ridiculous too
uclas new ronald regan is pretty sweet as well ... lots a marbel ... and the ER is by far the nicest ive ever seen ... i wouldnt mind waiting 3 horus there
ooo just remembered .. vandys childrens was pretty nice too
uclas new ronald regan is pretty sweet as well ... lots a marbel ... and the ER is by far the nicest ive ever seen ... i wouldnt mind waiting 3 horus there
ooo just remembered .. vandys childrens was pretty nice too
1
154465
Honestly, the way that place looks, all other hospitals pale in comparison. That being said however, do NOT be impressed by fancy buildings. They only make you feel happier but not much else.
I know that all too well. I went to what is arguably the most beautiful high school in the United States. Gothic architecture, big towers, priceless paintings in the library, statues in the halls, the works.... it didn't mean SQUAT. I stopped noticing after the second semester.
Penn's Children's Hospital of Pennsylvania ( CHOP ) is absolutely breathtaking inside. Definitely ask to see that on the tour if you interview there.
Yeah...Nice attrium way...Ohhhhhhhhhh and I love how they put a McDonald's in CHOP...WAY TO GO CHOP...way to ADVOCATE eating healthy!!!🙄🙄
But I do like all the gadgets in the attrium area
Memorial Hermann is absolutely gorgeous inside and out. The outside look I just love.
Memorial Hermann is absolutely gorgeous inside and out. The outside look I just love.
Yeah...it is pretty cool
Texas Children's is pretty cool too
Same with Shriners Houston and MD Anderson
New York-Presbyterian- Weill Cornell's Hospital was gorgeous, I was stunned when I went for the tour at the interview- they threw marble at everything there.
I personally am impressed by Thornton Hospital in La Jolla...has the indoor palm trees and marble and a piano playing all by itself etc. haha it seems more like a ballroom than a hospital 😉
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta- Scottish Rite (there are 3 children's hospital in Atlanta) is in the middle of renovations and each stage the place gets nicer and nicer!
And for Women's Centers- Northside Hospital in Atlanta is GORGEOUS! The rooms are huge and VERY nice!
And for Women's Centers- Northside Hospital in Atlanta is GORGEOUS! The rooms are huge and VERY nice!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just about to add that... Vanderbilt's Children's Hospital is incredible.
definately CHOP in Philly!
dartmouth-hitchcock medical center tops all of these...the hospital looks like a freaking mall. it even has a pianist playing the piano on the ground level. awesome hospital!
But go check out Memorial Hermann or St. Lukes. Hell, just about all the hospitals in the TMC are nice (except Ben Taub, but hey, it's a county hospital, what can you expect?)
Ben Taub's where all the **** goes down, no time for niceties.
How do all these schools compare to the New England Hospital in Boston? Last time I was there, they were doing some pretty heavy renovation. Outside wasn't that great but inside was not bad.
Third for New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
hell ya, especially that greenberg centre (my former bosslady's uncle paid for that haha)
na
Last edited:
Northwestern Memorial Hospital (Chicago) is ridiculously swank.
I agree. I've been to all the TMC hospitals, and NMH trumps them all.
How about that one hospital where that woman was left to die on the ER floor? I think it was in California, I dont recall exactly and I dont want to go find the articles...
anyway point is, a hospital like that probably has some damn nice upholstery in the sitting rooms...don't you think?
anyway point is, a hospital like that probably has some damn nice upholstery in the sitting rooms...don't you think?
How about that one hospital where that woman was left to die on the ER floor? I think it was in California, I dont recall exactly and I dont want to go find the articles...
anyway point is, a hospital like that probably has some damn nice upholstery in the sitting rooms...don't you think?
Um...NO!
#1) the ER was MLK in LA
#2) MLK-Harbor is no more
#3) trust me...there were no tea parties here. sitting rooms? upholstery? too funny

One might add to the BOTTOM of the list Parkland Memorial in Dallas and Lubbock General at Texas Tech. Yeah, not designed with beauty in mind. Though Scott and White in Temple and MD Anderson are way up there. MD Anderson's 1st floor looked like a Ritz-Carlton lobby.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 742
- Replies
- 14
- Views
- 2K