Finished my DAT! 6/7/2013 Score breakdown-Use crack the DAT!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.PetesAFDDS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there studentdoctors,
I just finished my DAT, and here are my scores:

PA: 23
QR: 22
RC: 23
Bio: 18 (whoops)
GC: 20
O. Chem: 20
TS: 19
AA: 21

I wanted to thank everyone who posts on this website. Your posts have been so helpful. Here are the materials I used for studying.

Crack the DAT: I bought the $325 package which included 10 PAT tests, 10 math tests, 5 Science tests, and 5 reading tests. This by far was the MOST useful purchase in my studying.

The science will frustrate you, but it does a good job of asking you difficult questions to get you prepared. I took all 10 math tests with an average of 21 (actual DAT: 22). The explanations are not helpful, however the video explanations are pretty helpful. The questions are a little more difficult on crack the DAT than the real thing. For O Chem and Gen Chem I went through Kaplan Blue Book and made notes. Memorize the main reactions, but nothing on this section was very detailed. The BIO portion was a HOT MESS. I am not sure that there was any way I could have prepared better for it (even with it being my lowest score of 18). I spent the most time studying for this section, and I felt the most prepared for it going in. (So that shows how much I know!)

The PAT portion of Crack the DAT was amazing. The only difference I would say is that the real angles are more difficult on the real thing. Other than that, I was pleasantly surprised at the questions I received because they were less difficult than I had practiced. Kaplan Blue Book's PAT portion is not worth the time.

Reading, I search and destroyed the whole thing. Maybe skimmed the passage for 30 seconds before moving on to the next passage.

Let me know what you guys think of my scores, or let me know if you have questions! I want to be all the help I can to you all!

Members don't see this ad.

Nice! Congrats!

But did you seriously mean to say "The only difference I would say is that the real angles are more difficult on the real thing." :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Nice! Congrats!

But did you seriously mean to say "The only difference I would say is that the real angles are more difficult on the real thing." :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Yes I did. I am sorry to scare you! They are not impossible, but some of them are probably only a difference of 1-3 degrees. A lot of them faced the same direction, so that should be encouraging to you! Just practice all you can, and you will do great! I will also say that go back to the sections that you absolutely KNOW you can get a 100% on like the cube counting, TFE, and pattern folding. I changed about 4 of my cube counting answers at the very end because I realized they were wrong, and I think that probably saved my score a few points!

How long did you study and practice the tests? How long did they remain open after you had paid for them? Congrats on your scores!

Members don't see this ad :)
I started studying May 6th, 2013. All semester I had gone through notes here and there but nothing serious. Crack the DAT is yours forever once you purchase it. It can only be used on one computer, but it's yours forever! I took the practice tests since halfway through the first week of studying. These tests are so helpful in helping you with timing. Timing is everything on this test, I can't stress that enough.

was there a lot of physio/anatomy questions covered? also, what were some biology topics covered in DAT?

was there a lot of physio/anatomy questions covered? also, what were some biology topics covered in DAT?

I had probably two on ecology. Pretty random questions honestly. I expected a higher score than 18 because of the amount of time I poured into biology, but my suggestion would be to go through Kaplan, Cliffs, and qVault I think? I didn't use QVault but I've heard it's good.

In answering about physio/anatomy, hardly any. Know the renal system. Be ready for obscure application questions, because that's 75% of what I got on the test.

Last edited: