DAT Bootcamp QR test 5 a lot more difficult than the rest?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

denttal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken all of the DAT Bootcamp QR exams? I just got <16 on the 5th one and got 18-20 on the previous 3!! Did Exam 5 seem way too difficult in comparison?

Members don't see this ad.

It's funny that you mention this, I feel that every test 5 in each category is the most difficult.

I agree with this as well. I flew through the first four Ogo on bootcamp but struggle with the last test because they have many what i call 'question within a question" questions. For example, they would give you names of the reactants and then ask what would the products be and the answer choices would have the products in words as well. So for that question, you would have to do reactions and nomenclature and I find that more time consuming. I hope the real DAT don't have many questions like that.

I completely agree. I was scoring 20-23 on Bootcamp QR tests 1-4, and just took 5 and got a 19. I guessed on so many, plus I ran out of time! I know the website says that these tests are more difficult, so at least that gives some hope. I just REALLY hope that test 5 was significantly more difficult than the real thing!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just finished a full test for Test 5 Bootcamp (5th test for each subject) and I agree with everyone else on this thread. It felt tad bit harder but the scoring was also very lenient. I was expecting 17s based on the way other tests were scored.

Anyways, has anyone taken both the Bootcamp #5 Tests and the real DAT? Any feedback on difficulty comparisons? I know the tests all vary but just curious.

Just finished my DAT. QR Test 5 is definitely harder than the real deal. I think i scored a 22-23 on test 5 and got a 26 on the DAT.

Keyholes were significantly harder. tfe, angles, cube counting and hole punching a bit harder. Pattern folding i thought was much easier.

Concerning the Bootcamp QR tests, do they include questions corresponding to the 2015 DAT changes such as below...

"In order to enhance testing of critical thinking skills, the Quantitative Reasoning Test (QRT) specifications have been revised to eliminate the sections for numerical calculations, conversions, geometry, and trigonometry. Items will be added in the following areas: data analysis, interpretation, and sufficiency; quantitative comparison; and probability and statistics."

I am currently using the 2012 edition of the DAT Math Destroyer but I am wondering if I should get the 2015 edition to prepare for these changes.

(I also read that the questions containing new content will be experimental questions that will not count toward your score. Is this true?)

Your advice?

Thanks.

Last edited: