Scope after MPH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ppklives

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am applying for MPH spring 05
wondering if anyone knows about the scope of MPh as in what kinda jobs and what pay can u expect in USA

Members don't see this ad.

ppklives said:
Hi I am applying for MPH spring 05
wondering if anyone knows about the scope of MPh as in what kinda jobs and what pay can u expect in USA

The scope of public health is quite broad. It can range from health policy, to epidemiology, to health education, to international health,...and the list goes on. The pay ranges depending on what it is that you are planning to do with your MPH. I think first you need to decide on what exactly are you interested in? Why did you decide to apply for a MPH?

thanks
i am thinking about Maternal & Child health or Epidemiology

Members don't see this ad :)
Your question is very broad in scope and all that I can tell you is that it varies greatly. Take a look at this page, the Public Health Employment Connection, and it will give you an idea of the types of jobs that are available, in addition to salary ranges.

http://cfusion.sph.emory.edu/PHEC/phec.cfm

ppklives said:
thanks
i am thinking about Maternal & Child health or Epidemiology

From what I've seen, there are more job opportunities in Epidemiology. The website that Heal&Teach referred you to is great for seeing what types of jobs are out there.