Funny MCAT Passage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supafield

Dream Big
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I may just be a nerd
but on the bio section of AAMC 7
It goes on about this girl who took a few vacations and tells different physiological responses to parts of her trip and explains them in depth over the first couple paragraph

Her third vacation however
Is one line saying she was seriously injured playing sports lol... and that's it...
I actually snickered...

Members don't see this ad.

supafield said:
I may just be a nerd
but on the bio section of AAMC 7
It goes on about this girl who took a few vacations and tells different physiological responses to parts of her trip and explains them in depth over the first couple paragraph

Her third vacation however
Is one line saying she was seriously injured playing sports lol... and that's it...
I actually snickered...

Funny was when I took the first Examkrackers verbal test. The passage that said there was a link between being a heavy pot smoker and toe fungus. Couldn't help but laugh at that one. I know of a pothead with some serious fungus on his feet. I literally had to stop taking the test because I couldn't stop laughing. I hope something like this doesn't happen to me on August 19th!

Hardbody said:
Funny was when I took the first Examkrackers verbal test. The passage that said there was a link between being a heavy pot smoker and toe fungus. Couldn't help but laugh at that one. I know of a pothead with some serious fungus on his feet. I literally had to stop taking the test because I couldn't stop laughing. I hope something like this doesn't happen to me on August 19th!

LMAO :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
What's sad is that I actually remember the passage you are talking about, with the girl's vacation spots... and her random injury. That was pretty funny.

The funniest thing was for the real MCAT on April 2005. There was a passage about breaking & entering & the definitions of it... included in this was a bit about breaking & entering could include training a monkey to go into a person's house and steal something.

Can't you picture that? A trained pet monkey robbing a house? LOL.

Not really so much funny, but I don't think I can take anymore Kant v. Hume verbal stuff. Showed up in EK and Kaplan several times.

My favorite verbal passages come from the EK 101 book:

Here are a few:

The one on diapers
The one on bill gates
The one on the history of laughter

Then there's the Musak passage from one of the first 3 Kaplan tests.

I've read some pretty interesting things in these passages.

On a side note: I took AAMC 7 yesterday and AAMC 8 today and both days there were Red Tide passages. Wonder what's up with that.

As much as I love EK's verbal, I think they do a little of the "write to their strategies" like other companies. EK talks about how one should read with confidence in the verbal section. Well, some of the passages in the EK 101 book were extremely interesting. Maybe a little too interesting... ;)

Nevertheless, the EK book is a must for everyone preparing for the test. No one can make verbal tests like them.

I like the one on the economic and psychological analysis of the pros and cons of having a pimp if you are a hooker.

Lol this thread was dug up from 2 years ago! ahha the sad thing is I was the one that started it and am still around trying to conquer the MCAT...

Lol this thread was dug up from 2 years ago! ahha the sad thing is I was the one that started it and am still around trying to conquer the MCAT...

Wow, that is kinda cool.

I remember reading a passage about "squeaky sand" in deserts. Apparently sand squeaks when it rubs against each other in sand dunes. Who knew?

i thought the one about pimps and hookers was pretty weird :laugh: (EK 101)
Haha cool to hear about these various funny passage topics... too bad I bet they rarely pick such topics for actual MCAT passages though?!

Wow, that is kinda cool.

I remember reading a passage about "squeaky sand" in deserts. Apparently sand squeaks when it rubs against each other in sand dunes. Who knew?

I remember that one too from Kaplan practice. I thought they were kidding on EK AO when they talk about "being in the middle of a passage on the migration patterns of Florida horseshoe crabs" but I've definitely had moments where I'm like "I can't believe I'm actually spending time reading about this."