Marquette

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UTEMAN21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Man after reading this and hearing about Brian's hatred for this forum, I am glad I choose not to go to Marquette. Talk about being anal!! Suspending the student for calling somebody a cockmaster of a professor, thats hilarious!:laugh:

Here is the link - though I think most have heard this already

http://mu-warrior.blogspot.com/2005/12/marquette-dental-student-suspended.html

Members don't see this ad.

Man after reading this and hearing about Brian's hatred for this forum, I am glad I choose not to go to Marquette. Talk about being anal!! Suspending the student for calling somebody a cockmaster of a professor, thats hilarious!:laugh:

WOW... What happened to that thing we used to have in this country?? I believe it was called freedom of speech?? I remember some important document being signed by a bunch of important political figures mentioned something about that..... lol.. I think they took the blogs of that student and made it into a personal vendetta... They used him as an example.. Thats why they imposed such a harsh sentence on that guy.. Imagine that, to work hard to get your way into dental school, make it through your first year to have it thrown away over a stupid blog....

It looks like the kid broke the code established by the SOD. If you agree to participate in that organization, I guess you better play by their rules. If you bash them in a quasi-public arena, you better expect some consequences, right?

I guess many people view blogs as journals, but the journals are exposed, not kept private. So they aren't really journals. Man, I learned something from this. I hope everybody can.

Members don't see this ad :)

So you declined your offer from Marquette? It sounded to me from reading the article that it wasn't SDN but a student's blog.

So you declined your offer from Marquette? It sounded to me from reading the article that it wasn't SDN but a student's blog.

I turned down Marquette not for this reason but others, I also do not believe it was on SDN. But from previous posts Brian, Dean of Admissions there, looks at this site and tries to find out who you are.

It seems they have too much time on their hands to be worrying about insignificant things like what people say on their blogs and what they say here. We have all had professors that suck and we need to vent our frustration. You think they would understand since most are either doctors or have MBAs. I feel sorry for the students that attend there

I turned down Marquette not for this reason but others, I also do not believe it was on SDN. But from previous posts Brian, Dean of Admissions there, looks at this site and tries to find out who you are.

It seems they have too much time on their hands to be worrying about insignificant things like what people say on their blogs and what they say here. We have all had professors that suck and we need to vent our frustration. You think they would understand since most are either doctors or have MBAs. I feel sorry for the students that attend there

I wouldn't feel sorry for their students. I do think that people have the right for free speech, but you are in professional school for crying out loud. It seems that Marquette cares about their students more then you think. Could it be that they went to those means of punishment for that student because he went against their code of conduct, and the school sees that it is necessary for their students to act in the most professional manner as possible?

^^ brian trecek is such a redneck racist too. My friends have applied to marquette with decent GPA and high DAT scores, and my friends have told me they were all turned down because they aren't white.

I would sure hate to live in the redneck north of america.

Not to mention my friend called and left a message on his answering service numerous times, and she never called him back. He also finally got ahold of a lady in the admissions office, left a message for redneck brian, but he still never called him back.

"^^ brian trecek is such a redneck racist too. My friends have applied to marquette with decent GPA and high DAT scores, and my friends have told me they were all turned down because they aren't white."

WOW! So you are telling us that you heard from someone else that they think another person was thinking something. Well it sure does not get more solid than that. I mean, jeeze that should be taken as 100% non-questionable proof that he is a racist. An applicant with "decent GPA and high DAT scores" has never ever ever ever been declined from any school...ever. (sarcasm)!

Get real! People like you throw around racism accusations so losely that it demeans a person without any proof. If you want to argue this look at the # of dental students(non white)/white in a place with a high african american pop like philly, then the same for marquette. Publish those numbers with where you found them. You are the one making the outlandish claim. You are the one who needs to show proof!

^^ brian trecek is such a redneck racist too. My friends have applied to marquette with decent GPA and high DAT scores, and my friends have told me they were all turned down because they aren't white.

I would sure hate to live in the redneck north of america.

Not to mention my friend called and left a message on his answering service numerous times, and she never called him back. He also finally got ahold of a lady in the admissions office, left a message for redneck brian, but he still never called him back.

My friend told me he also hates midgets.

"I would sure hate to live in the redneck north of america."

I just realized how this is an amazing statement. When one is questioning the political correctness of an individual, it would be good form to not cast derogatory stereotypes in the same argument.

Wow, how did it go from a debate betwen the line between freedom of speech/and ethical behavior to racism. All I got to say is wow. For the record I love Marquette and pray I get in. My two tour guides middle eastern decent. Half of the people I interviewed with.....Not caucasion.... Wow

Wow, how did it go from a debate betwen the line between freedom of speech/and ethical behavior to racism. All I got to say is wow. For the record I love Marquette and pray I get in. My two tour guides middle eastern decent. Half of the people I interviewed with.....Not caucasion.... Wow

Yeah but what about midgets?

One of my tour guides was hispanic and the other one was asian. I also interviewed with people of other races.

I am with you there pmantz....WOW....

News flash for KahunaDentist.... Being white is NOT an advantage when applying to dental school....
I have heard it straight from the mouth of a former member of an admissions committee.... State schools have a quota of minorities they have to reach in order to recieve more state funding.... Can private schools really be very far from that concept ? Think about it...dental schools are all about filling the class with a diverse group of applicants. Your friends were not turned down because they "are not white". Since when do "rednecks" live in Wisconsin anyway ?