Questions to ask mortgage broker/bank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VuDOo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to call numerous banks and mortgage brokers in the city where I match and am wondering what questions to ask them. Does anyone have a list of questions or know of a website that provides a checklist to follow?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to call numerous banks and mortgage brokers in the city where I match and am wondering what questions to ask them. ?

Why are you calling them? Why don't you ask them the answer to that question?

Just kidding. I assume you're trying to get the best deal you can on a mortgage. Remember that they will all lie to you on the phone to get your business. It is almost impossible to get quotes from various banks/brokers that you can use to compare them because the rates change on a daily basis (sometimes more often.) So if you don't get a hold of someone on the same day as someone else, you're comparing apples and oranges.

If you go with a broker, consider using an "upfront mortgage broker." If you go with a bank, ask if they are willing to give you an upfront statement of expenses. Learn more at mortgageprofessor.com.