think we overkill CRNA discussions sometimes? check out the pre-med craziness...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plumdandy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

i have a confession to make. i really enjoy reading through this forum (interesting anes tricks/tidbits, fellowship considerations, financial wisdom) but sometimes i find myself a little annoyed with how often we end up rehashing the old "what effect will CRNAs have on our field" debate (although it is of course an important issue).

i found myself in this sort of annoyed mood the other day and, desperately searching for a way to kill more time, i decided to look in on the "pre-allopathic" forum for the first time (stroll down memory lane, so to speak).

all i can say is...never again! (and i'm a bit embarrassed by the fact that i let a little pre-med punk by the name of "stolenspatulas" get my temper going...please don't hold it against me).

anyways, i thought i'd offer this thread to any of you who, like me, also get frustrated with CRNA talk sometimes. because now i realize how good we have it here...and so now i will gladly go and read 100 pages of CRNA debate in penance for my transgressions...

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=378471&highlight=hopkins

the reason why it is so highly discussed is not becuase we love to discuss it, It is because it is at the forefront of the political landscape in anesthesiology and we as a specialty MUST be aware of whats going on and what the nurse anesthetists, more specifically the aana is saying and doing to try to do a trememdous disservice to American patients.