Washington / WA MPJE Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JTD1972

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on what to study for the MPJE for WA? I have the WA state law book for 2003, but was informed by the board that they do not give out hard copies anymore and the information can only be obtained online. It is alot of information, and I am trying to cut down the information that I should study. Any help concerning what I should focus on would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of people really struggled, but I took the simple approach. I studied for one week, I read the 2003 book twice (I can't stand lots of reading on computer screens). The first time through I highlighted what I believed could possibly be included on the exam (at least 1/4 the book is totally not going to show up, like all the stuff on fines), and the second time I read only the highlighted sections.
Other than that I read the law quizzes from the University of Washington law class website (click the link below and then click the Pharm 543 link and find the quiz answers).
Between that and working in pharmacies there I had no problem, though many people seem to have trouble, so just try not to second guess yourself, and know the DEA 222 forms by color (which color goes to who).

I never found a good link that went over updated/new laws, but I still passed fine (and I haven't even lived in state for the past year).

Members don't see this ad :)
Just took the WA MPJE a few days ago. At first thought, I knew I didn't pass. Got my results yesterday - I made an 80. Its over - the nightmare is in the history books.

The WA board has got the be the best - it delivers both NAPLEX and MPJE scores in the timeliest of manners (in a matter of days).

Best of luck to all ~

The Washington State Pharmacy Association has a set of law resources on its website, including links to Univ of Washington and Washington State University resources. If you become a new member of WSPA (ask about student rates), you'll also have access to the textbook used at WSU.

http://www.wsparx.org/pharmacylaw/pharmacylaw.asp