what time for registration?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikeyworm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anybody know what time mcat registration will open tomorrow? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

They aren't telling us what time it opens because there was apparently a huge issue last year with everyone trying to register at the same time. So, they're hoping that by not telling us we won't crash the system again.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email from Kaplan saying that MCAT registration would start at 12:01 AM EST, can anyone confirm this? Currently I'm seeing a page saying

WELCOME TO MCAT REGISTRATION AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE

Please wait by keeping this web page open. If you close out of this page you will lose your turn.

You will be taken to the registration login page as soon as we are able to handle your request during this busy time.

yep except after an hour and fifteen mins i got a message saying that they were down for maintenance :mad: so now i guess i get to start all over in line. yay.

Anyone else think this is a ridiculously long amount of time to wait? I don't think *that* many people got in line at 12:01 AM to warrant waiting for over an hour. I hear they had major problems last time around and registration didn't actually start working til way later, maybe this is the case again?

We apologize for the inconvenience we are down for maintenance.

If you have questions please call the MCAT Help Desk at (202) 828-0690.

AHHH

Members don't see this ad :)
Their system's apparently completely different this year, so they're trying something new: (quoted from an older thread)
"Registration for the January 25 and 26, 2008 administrations of the MCAT exam will open Tuesday, October 30. We have upgraded our scheduling and registration system to manage a larger load of users on the software, which means that we are not planning a regional opening this year. Although our system will be able to handle a much larger load and our upgrades are based on data from last year, we cannot perfectly predict the number of examinees who will want to be on the system at any particular time. Therefore, to be safe and to avoid a rush to the system, we are not announcing a specific opening time for the 30th."

By the way, streetlight, I just got the same message as you. I don't think registration's actually open at this moment, but I might stay up just in case.

just out of curiousity, any of you on east or central time? i'm on pacific time and i'm wondering if maybe it won't let us in until it's actually midnight in our time zone. just a thought

eastern time here ... i have been waiting since 11:40 it first put me on hold then after an hour the we are down message then for the last half hour on hold again

ah got ya, there goes that theory. you guys are probably right, it's just not actually working right now :thumbdown:

Oh my god... I just got a login page, then when I pressed "login" it brought me back to the waiting page.

aaarrgghh, so i just got through and it's saying there are no scheduled exams within a 100 miles (which i know there are cause there are like 10 testing centers up here)

yeah i refreshed (thank god it didn't send me back to the waiting page!) and nothing changed. i even tried entering a few random zip codes from different areas here in california and got nothing

I am also in, but I am getting the following message also:
There are no scheduled exams at any test sites within a 100 mile radius.

yeah i refreshed (thank god it didn't send me back to the waiting page!) and nothing changed. i even tried entering a few random zip codes from different areas here in california and got nothing

did you try the other way searching by testing date that way you would know if registration is in fact open

ya.... i went back to the aamc homepage and clicked on the mcat reg link...took me to the login screen without wait. but it still didnt work for me....

does it work for you if you try to search by state or country? (I cant even pick the date - the drop down is blank)

did you try the other way searching by testing date that way you would know if registration is in fact open

Maybe i'm being stupid and totally missing it, but I don't actually even see that option. I can only search by zip code or by state/country. Anyone else see an option to search by test date?

Maybe i'm being stupid and totally missing it, but I don't actually even see that option. I can only search by zip code or by state/country. Anyone else see an option to search by test date?

click search by state and the first question is pick your test date

oh okay, so i just clicked on the state/country option and it had the search by exam date option filed under that. But just like runner123 there aren't any test dates to search from.

I've been having the same problems until you guys. I was going to wait it out until I read this..

It's on the "Home" page of the registration site once you log in:

Announcements
MCAT Registration is now open for updating of personal profiles for the 2008 Testing Year.
Scheduling for January 2008 test dates will begin on October 30, 2007.

Granted it is already October 30, it could be 8 AM when they finally allow you to sign up for a test date. I think I'm going to free up some space for the next guy who is desperately waiting to "register" for the MCAT and wake up in a few hours to register myself...

i agree with you that it isn't up yet, but that message has been up for awhile. you could do the whole personal profile without actually having to go through this whole waiting process. i think the addition of the waiting message is what made most of us think that scheduling was opening up

Yeah, I updated my personal info earlier today so I wouldn't have to worry about it when the time came to register.

From past years apparently they like to begin registration when their office opens (9AM EST?) so that people who wanna call can do so.

By the way, I'm from Chicago.

i agree with you that it isn't up yet, but that message has been up for awhile. you could do the whole personal profile without actually having to go through this whole waiting process. i think the addition of the waiting message is what made most of us think that scheduling was opening up

maybe a lot of people tried to get in at the same time or they are just playing with us

maybe a lot of people tried to get in at the same time or they are just playing with us

haha, yeah probably. they're all sitting around laughing at all of us who stare at our computers for hours when they have no intention of opening

Initially, I was planning to wait until 6 am on Oct 30, but then I received an email from my Princeton Review people saying that MCAT registration would start at 11:01 PM CST. That's why I'm here now.