Audio osmosis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

M.Furfur

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone study using audio osmosis? Do you recommend it? Do you have it for sale?

Members don't see this ad.

I used it and do recommend it. It was most effective for Biology and Gen Chem. Organic and Physics is more visual, so it was kind of difficult to follow along with them. If you get their books, and read the chapters followed by the corresponding AO lecture, it's really effective. I'm not selling mine sorry. The little brother takes the MCAT next year. GL.

Make sure you get the list of the errors. There really isn't that many, and they're over topics not really stressed nowadays on the MCAT.

Did anyone study using audio osmosis? Do you recommend it? Do you have it for sale?

I agree with the above reply. I felt the bio part is very helpful, and I listened to them in the car while driving...an easy way to review concepts.

Actually I am thinking of selling those CDs. They are in good condition. If you are interested, let me know.:)

I have the mp3s and they were definitely helpful. I put them on my ipod and just listened in bed some nights. Great for bio and they surprisingly do a good job of going over a lot of stuff in as little words as possible.

You can't rely on them, but if you study a topic and listen to them afterwards, it confirms everything you know or clarifies something you may not have been sure about. Some of the jokes are cheesy and just not funny while others are actually pretty good. Listening isn't bland either.

Members don't see this ad :)
I listened to them in the car while driving

Found the CDs to be helpful to check understandings of concepts, but I don't recommend listening to it while driving. I tried this a couple of times. I found myself imaging force vectors and organ systems and not paying attention to the road. I can't fully study and fully drive at the same time. When listening to the CDs, driving was done automatically without thought. I coulda ran over a couple of people and thought they were sound effects of elastic collisions in my head! So CDs good, driving and CDs bad.:)

Found the CDs to be helpful to check understandings of concepts, but I don't recommend listening to it while driving. I tried this a couple of times. I found myself imaging force vectors and organ systems and not paying attention to the road. I can't fully study and fully drive at the same time. When listening to the CDs, driving was done automatically without thought. I coulda ran over a couple of people and thought they were sound effects of elastic collisions in my head! So CDs good, driving and CDs bad.:)

I know what you are talking about. :) Sorry I meant I only listened to the Bio CDs in the car while driving just for reviewing and memorizing, definitely not for trying to understand like when you listen to them for the first time. I will not recommend listening to physics or orgo and trying to picture force vectors or complex carbohydrates while driving. :p

I used them along with the books and they were very helpful. I listed mine for sale on amazon.

I used them in addition to McGraw-Hill's book and they were a great supplement. What I found most helpful were the associations they would make between science and non-science concepts. For example, describing family members at a dinner table as a way to quickly recall ring substitution patterns. Highly recommended.

I am using them now and I love them. I would suggest using them as a supplement. They help clear up a lot of stuff that seems hard to get while ur studying straight from books. And i figure, learning in various ways is always beneficial. It helps you comprehend the information on a deeper level and is actually the best way to expand your memory capacity. Great supplement but make sure to hit the books hard too.