I don't care.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZagDoc

Ears, Noses, and Throats
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 12 pack of PBR in my fridge.

I have a massive cluster@#$* of an exam next week and I'm behind on studying.

But I think I'll just crack a beer.

Members don't see this ad.

:laugh: I was gonna come down on you until I noticed you said PBR! lol

that's the spirit!

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel exactly the same way. I actually have been drinking an unhealthy amount of beer :idea: are you a second year? I am, and the thought of the Step 1 makes me want to watch MTV for 12 hours straight in a drunken, brain-numbing stupor. Wow, I can't believe it's come to this :confused:

Have one for me. I have a 12-pack of Abita in the fridge, but I didn't bring any with me to the library. :(

well, at least you didn't say you had a case of Lone Star...
here's a not-real-brewed-in-the-carribean-tastes-like-cat-pee-Guinness for ya. (it's all we got down here)

Shame on you Zag...

PBR is available in 30-Packs.

Why don't you save up your cash and get some High Life? Classy!

Hell, at this point I'd drink Mad Dog or Ripple if it was offered to me.

I drank a jug of Sangria last Wednesday with a few friends, went to bed at 3am, then got up in time to make it to clinic. I love third year!

as a future physician I can in no way condone drinking a 12 pack...................... of PBR

you need to step it up to some natty light...or to really kill the pain go for the natty ice!

obangrct2.jpg

imo

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow thanks for the flashback to high school.
You need to be careful with that stuff not only is it toxic its extremely flammable

All alcohol is toxic. And anything over 100 proof is flammable.

Pig's Eye FTW!!!

6 pt. 12 pack for $2.50...

bombay_sapphire_gr.jpg

SCHWEPPSTONICWATER.jpg
fresh_lime.jpg

You are doctors, must drink proper.

I salute you. Evening review with a beer takes the edge right off ;)

Anyone else notice that their alcohol tolerance has gone way down since med school started? Last year was my year off, so I would drink at least once a week and now in med school it's much more sporadic. Needless to say, I feel pretty tipsy after a couple of beers and I used to be a 2 pitcher kinda gal.

The responses to this thread make me happy inside.

Just spent the last couple hours taste testing Guinness Extra Stout vs. Guinness Draught. Draught wins, but still tastes watery compared to what comes out of the tap. Extra stout has more alcohol but tastes more acidic. Neither beats a pint that's poured properly.

For the scotchies, Glen Elgin FTW.

For the beer guys, gotta go with Rogue breweries.

And for the pisswater folks, if you're gonna go that route, you may as well go with the Schlitz. I mean, go all the way :)

Now we're talking.

My bro and I had some discussion about this over many, many pints from Dublin to Dingle and nearly all points roughly in between. Our theory was that maybe it's context, the craic, if you will, that makes Guinness taste so much better across the pond. I still have Draught cans in my fridge 9 months post-taste test. Imported **** tastes like ****ing hell.

The ****ed up thing was that they would order Bud or Bud Light. I was ****ing flabbergasted.

Now we're talking.

My bro and I had some discussion about this over many, many pints from Dublin to Dingle and nearly all points roughly in between. Our theory was that maybe it's context, the craic, if you will, that makes Guinness taste so much better across the pond. I still have Draught cans in my fridge 9 months post-taste test. Imported **** tastes like ****ing hell.

The ****ed up thing was that they would order Bud or Bud Light. I was ****ing flabbergasted.

Haha especially if you get down South where the rivalry between Murphy's and Guiness still lives. No one down there will drink Guinness, proclaiming allegiances to Murphy's. Except they don't drink Murphy's either... they drink Budweiser.

Truly surreal walking everywhere in Ireland and seeing more Bud banners and signs than here in the states.

Just spent the last couple hours taste testing Guinness Extra Stout vs. Guinness Draught. Draught wins, but still tastes watery compared to what comes out of the tap. Extra stout has more alcohol but tastes more acidic. Neither beats a pint that's poured properly.
you jerk! after I posted about not getting real beer here, you had the nerve to go and post that and rub my face in it...not cool man, not cool ;)

have a pitcher for me please?

I've had to give up alcohol after a bad reaction with some SSRIs I've started on...

... I really really really miss beer ...

Currently rotating through my fridge

2010_Beer_Celebration.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to know healthcare is going to be run by a bunch of alcoholics in a couple of years.

yesterday I had an xmas version of ballast point's victory at sea "dry hopped" with candy canes!

Nice to know healthcare is going to be run by a bunch of alcoholics in a couple of years.

Yes because everyone here is definitely going to drink while working (seriously srs). Grow a sense of humor and hold on to it tightly otherwise you'll become a bitter doctor.

on a related note, how possible is it to study while buzzed?