Studying Medicine in Egypt or Malaysia which should I choose?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

almansuur

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, Guys

I am from UK. I am thinking of studying medicine overseas . Which should I choose studying medicine in Egypt or Malaysia. In Malaysia I am only restricted to one university, International Islamic University Malaysia. Does anyone know the best medical school in Egypt either private or government. One that is internationally recognised especially by UK (GMC) . Also what are the advantages and disadvantages of studying medicne in Egypt either in private or government medical school.

Please your advise is kindly and urgently needed

Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

Malaysia.

Egyptian medical schools once had a reputation for being one of the best in the world back in the days. Things are different now with corruption- people pay to pass and professors have their own "private tuitions" with a bunch of students, teaching them properly. I'm not student of an Egyptian Medical school but I have a couple of friends who are and while they're dedicated and motivated students, I often hear of petty students who pay to pass. Oh and once you hit the clinical years, you'd need to know Arabic to effectively communicate with the patients. Malaysia is a more multi-cultural society with most people there speaking English.

I suggest speaking to a student of an Egyptian Med School and read this reply of mine with discernment.

Masalama,
Maya

Can you speak arabic?
In Egypt they have American University of Cairo(AUC), I dunno if they teach medicine.

Does it really make a difference whether you graduated from Egypt or Malaysia when you go back to UK? Won't you be considered an international graduate ? I mean who cares Egypt vs Malaysia back in UK?? Didn't UK recently stop taking international graduates especially non-europeans?

Hi, Guys

I am from UK. I am thinking of studying medicine overseas . Which should I choose studying medicine in Egypt or Malaysia. In Malaysia I am only restricted to one university, International Islamic University Malaysia. Does anyone know the best medical school in Egypt either private or government. One that is internationally recognised especially by UK (GMC) . Also what are the advantages and disadvantages of studying medicne in Egypt either in private or government medical school.

Please your advise is kindly and urgently needed

Thank You

Salam

I'm a graduate of an Egyptian medical school, El-Demerdash (Ain-Shams) which is considered as one of the best here in Egypt. All I can tell you, without so many details, that: NEVER COME STUDY IN EGYPT, or you'll regret it forever. Go Malaysia now and at once, as long as it's still possible.
Besides, NONE of the egyptian medical schools (neither gov. nor private) is internationally recognized. AUC (american university in cairo) doesn't include mdeical school. Malaysia is far better choice.

salam