Achiever vs Real DAT Poll

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BiomajorPreDent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Only for those who took DAT already and preped with Achiever (Select for both AA and TS)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure there was a poll done similar to this one earlier in the year but I cant find it... anyone else remember it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Im curious to this poll as well. Im using Achiever and took the first SNS and got a 17. Im taking my exam in less than 2 wks. Im just hoping what people have already answered is true, cuz i need to be 3 pts above.

This poll results seem to tell that you are now likely to get 3 points or higher across the board instead of just on the Total Science score like it used to be. The new Achiever must have had the reading and math sections bring up the Academic Average on the real thing.

How do you guys find Achiever RC compared to the actual RC?

I heard it used to be easier than the real thing, but has lately been revised to get everyone ready for any version of reading section (especially those with lots of tone and inference questions and long passages) on the DAT.

Will the DAT ever get harder considering many students are doing better with their scores lately?

Members don't see this ad :)
:laugh: I really wouldn't mind to be part of the forum group to be showered with those high DAT scores. :cool:

mine comes new with windows 7 and i got a message saying "achiever cannot be installed on systems with JRE version smaller than 1.5" when i tried to install the software.

anyone here had the same problem?

mine comes new with windows 7 and i got a message saying "achiever cannot be installed on systems with JRE version smaller than 1.5" when i tried to install the software.

anyone here had the same problem?

I got the same thing but mine was on an XP laptop. You just need to download the latest Java application from www.java.com and and you should fine after that. Hope this helps.

Part of the reasons Windows 7 operates faster than Vista is that it doesn't come loaded with many applications (where Java is one of them) till you are really going to need them. This would significantly free up your system memory.

Part of the reasons Windows 7 operates faster than Vista is that it doesn't come loaded with many applications (where Java is one of them) till you are really going to need them. This would significantly free up your system memory.

You would not have these problems on a Mac, would you?

I didn't even notice that. Wouldn't you need a Linux installer for that?

Yes, you would need a Linux setup file to make the program work, but most Linux users would usually have their ways out to run the Windows/Mac compatible softwares.

Hey folks, I sometime turned off the timer to see how much more time I would need to finish the tests ... but you get to choose 1.5 x or 2.0 x of the standard time allotted on the achiever too. Are these selections there for a specific purpose?

Hey folks, I sometime turned off the timer to see how much more time I would need to finish the tests ... but you get to choose 1.5 x or 2.0 x of the standard time allotted on the achiever too. Are these selections there for a specific purpose?

Anyone out there, pls ...

I think achiever has that option for those who dont feel ready to take the tests and finish it with the normal allotted time. Also, once the time runs out, the test automatically ends so you won't be able to finish the rest of the test.

I think achiever has that option for those who dont feel ready to take the tests and finish it with the normal allotted time. Also, once the time runs out, the test automatically ends so you won't be able to finish the rest of the test.

yup, that's the feature i used to make sure i finished the tests and know what my true weaknesses were.

This timer feature is actually meant for students with learning disability where ADA would actually grant them extended hours on the DAT. Didn't know it could also be used for those not ready to take the tests but need extra time to finish them ...