IM specialty flowchart

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Salpingo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So one of these was circulating for non-IM specialties. Some people got pissed that IM didn't have an associated stereotype, so I gave it a shot. As you might surmise, I struggled with some of the bottom ones. Anyone know good IM subspecialty stereotypes?

Slide1.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

i like it. Not terribly far from the truth either.

"I have no peer" lol.

Yeah you can do better with the bug docs and pee docs for sure, wish I could help you out but my pager's gone off literally three times in the 90 seconds it took to skim the chart and type that first sentence. FML

Members don't see this ad :)
So many contractions in this flow chart !! But it's funny. I don't get the concierge joke though...

So many contractions in this flow chart !! But it's funny. I don't get the concierge joke though...

Concierge doctors are often IM docs that have a contractual practice catered to (often) people with lots of $$$. The patients pay a fee on top of regular insurance, etc, to have increased access to a doc with a lower patient load. Google it; it's interesting and controversial.

Concierge doctors are often IM docs that have a contractual practice catered to (often) people with lots of $$$. The patients pay a fee on top of regular insurance, etc, to have increased access to a doc with a lower patient load. Google it; it's interesting and controversial.

I personally like the idea of concierge medicine. I think it's a sound business practice. People keep lawyers on a retainer so why not do the same with physicians and surgeons?

I personally like the idea of concierge medicine. I think it's a sound business practice. People keep lawyers on a retainer so why not do the same with physicians and surgeons?
hahaha yeah, I definitely don't mind being some rich bastard's bitch as long as he pays me well! who knows maybe upon death they will bequeath their trusted physician their empire!

hahaha yeah, I definitely don't mind being some rich bastard's bitch as long as he pays me well! who knows maybe upon death they will bequeath their trusted physician their empire!

<insert witty michael jackson reference>

Thanks for the explanation! I think it's a good way to help the health care system take care of more patients. The rich work on those concierge doctors, and the majority of the rest has a smaller group of patients!

Oh by the way, not trying to sound creepy but judging from your picture, I think you're pretty :)

I bet she smells purty too.

Haha, not bad. But what about allergists, rheum, etc?

Why not? Duh. Because doctors are just supposed to love helping people! We aren't supposed to make much money! Just because like we work long hours or went to over a decade of schooling to be able to treat people while accumulating loads of debt doesn't mean we deserve to be well-off! I mean look at all the poor people! Just look at them! We should be so happy that we get to help these people that we shouldn't really be asking them to pay us at all! Haven't you been listening to the president?

I have been listening, and I will obey ... I have been listening, and I will obey ... I have been listening, and will obey ...

I heard things... I hear good things.