New Book

Started by jmj11
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jmj11

New Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I am the author of a new book about the "in-the-trenches" account of becoming and practicing (for 20 years) as a Physician Assistant. It is called A Kernel in the Pod (more info at: www.kernelnpod.com) It is in the same vein (pun intended) as "House of God"--(funny but with a serious commentary on the medical practice business) as well. I am trying to get a review from people in different (medical and non-medical) walks of life.

I am looking for a (one only) Pre-med or medical student who would interested in getting a free copy of my book, reading it and telling us what they think.

I will send a copy to the first one to contact me @ [email protected]

Thanks, Mike Jones
 
so why exactly is this posted here in the pre-allo (MD) forum?

Moderator - does this look like an advertisment? And why does this guy only have 3 posts?


Ya think a Minnesotan would know better!
 
Well,
Good point AdCadet. But we've allowed people in the past such as Greg Nickleson to advertise their books so I see no reason why this particular thread should be closed. Technically, they are not selling their product, but instead looking for reviewers--as such, I don't see any way this person is making money from posting this. Furthermore, I think that *some* benefit can come from this to members. This is a tricky issue; but I would prefer to lean on the side of no action. If the thread takes another turn I might have to close it.

Cool? 🙂