Question about hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pegasus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So everyone says the hours in EM are GREAT! and that the field is for those who have interests outside of medicine.

My question is, do you always have to pull night/weekends, and when can you get day shifts if ever? Just thinking that when Im ni my 40's, I may want a more regular schedule.
I guess Im just wondering what a typical week looks like? 8 hours at night, then 8 hours day then night...ect in one week?

Thanks
Pegasus

Members don't see this ad.

See the related thread on night shifts but if you look hard enough you can find almost any system.

I work weekend nights only and do other things during the week. Ski areas are almost empty during the week:)

My wife does 9 shifts a month- 4 nights one week, a week off, then 5 days, then another week off.

Most of my friends work between 10 (the ones who like to play) and 18 (the ones who like money) shifts per month. Some do a mix of days and nights and others are in a system where the most junior partners work all the nights and yearn for the days they will be senior partners and never work a night again.

Most of the groups my friends work with have enough flexibillity that they can take a month or two off every few years for a big trip as well. You are unlikely to find this amount of freedom and potential for part time work in many other fields. Plus, the work itself is really fun.

ermudphud-
thanks for the feedback on my previous post. can you please tell me the typical hourly compensation rate and shift lengths er docs get nowadays? also, do job opportunities and salary vary extensively across the country? you mentioned your wife's schedule on this thread. is her type of set-up available at any doc's discretion or does she just happen to have a sweet gig? take care,
c

Members don't see this ad :)
EM is like many fields, in that, if more people want to be there, the less you get paid - which is why EM docs in the city make less, and in cities like NY and SF, it's REALLY a lot less. Moreover, academic EM puts a hit on the $$.

You turn about $150K starting out in NYC, and can make $300K starting out in the middle of NOWHERE in Texas (ever been to TX? There are some REAL nowhere places). That's not a knock on Texas - it's just that places that don't have lots of people, need to pay lots to get docs.

Scales and remuneration rates, I'll leave to some of the others with more info here...

Down here in FL, most of the new attendings right out of EM residency are making 200-220 or so... I think with the more senior attendings making close to 300...

I have heard in the DC area, it is a little less than 200 for starting...

But definately varies.

Q

Does anyone have any info on what the ED doc pull-in in the west/mountain/Pac. region?? (NV, AZ, WA, OR, NM, CO, CA)

how much of a pay cut do academic er docs actually take?

Does anyone have any info on what the ED doc pull-in in the west/mountain/Pac. region?? (NV, AZ, WA, OR, NM, CO, CA)

I'm first year out and I have offers in LA ranging between 175-200K depending on the number of 12 hr shifts (10-12), seeing 2-3 patients per hour.

Thanks guys
This has been very helpful. At first I wasnt to keen on having to work night shifts, but If I can have that many days off in a month, that is much better than taking call for 24 hours!!

Thanks
Pegasus

Yeah, night shifts aren't too bad if you can work it out. I did a rotation at Albert Einstein in Philly, and we did three day shifts, three night shifts, then three off (or maybe it was two days, can't remember). It really wans't too bad, you got used to it. But remember once you are an attending, you'll be working less shifts than you will as a resident (10-15 compared to 15-22).

Q

These numbers seem low to me. The attendings I've spoke to in the midwest said the minimum you should make right out of residency is $150/hour. Most quickly jump up to $200 to $250/hour after a couple years. This equates to $250K to $300K a year if you're working 3 12hour shifts a week, and $400K to $500K a year if you're working 5 12hour shifts a week.

how much of a pay cut do academic er docs actually take?

I only have first hand info on Colorado's front range. Hourly rates range from a low of about $90/hour but with great benefits (4 weeks payed vacation, payed CME time, full benefits) at an HMO to highs of about $250+/hour(with rumors of more) with no benefits except maybe malpractice. Academics here seems to be about the $100-$120/hour range but again with really great benefits. Don't discount the value of all those benefits. My friends work anywhere from a low of eight shifts per month to a high of about 18 based on what they want. Obviously the ones who like money work more shifts. Most shifts are around 8-10 hours. I have a few friends in cities in other mountain states who seem to have similar deals. My friends on the east coast seem to be more salaried with benefits then hourly like out here but when you add up the total value of the package it is similar.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mojo,

How easy is it to get a job in SF/LA areas? My understanding is coming from a 3 year residency, it is extremely difficult and most people end up with Kaiser part-time for a year, then full-time. What's the hourly comp rate out there?

Mojo,

How easy is it to get a job in SF/LA areas? My understanding is coming from a 3 year residency, it is extremely difficult and most people end up with Kaiser part-time for a year, then full-time. What's the hourly comp rate out there?

Yep, Both areas seem pretty tightly packed with docs. Less competitive areas in LA seem to be near East LA, Inglewood, and a few places in the San Fernando Valley where a lukewarm body may get you in. I'm doing my best to stay away from Kaiser (usually about 100/hr as a moonlighter. They will hire new grads from three year programs. The other locations have a pretty broad range depending on who holds the contract. My offers, which I hope are low end run about 110-130/hr but I know of places near Pasadena paying around 80/hr. I don't really know much about the Bay area but there are probably less desirable jobs available in less desirable areas like everywhere else.

How does malpractice insurance work? Avg cost?

Thanks!

Mojo,

What recruiters/companies did you use to get your job offers? I'm interested in going to CA in a few years so I'm curious. I heard its mostly Emcare, Phyamerica, national companies out there, is that true? are there any independent groups?

Thanks!

Just so ya know, PhyAmerica just had a bad-ass scandal (talking Enron) back in November/December. Not sure of their financial status right now...

There's also TeamHealth, btw.
Q

Mojo,

What recruiters/companies did you use to get your job offers? I'm interested in going to CA in a few years so I'm curious. I heard its mostly Emcare, Phyamerica, national companies out there, is that true? are there any independent groups?

I wouldn't do anything with Phyamerica (bigtime scandal as Quinn mentioned). There are two big groups in California (CEP, EPMG). Also some national contract management corporations like you mentioned (Team Health, Emcare, Tenet, JJ&R, etc). Beware of the bait and switch with them (eg. the job you wanted in LA closed, but I have a great job in Lodi for you). Los angeles is filled with small groups with 2-3 contracts. I just contacted them individually and a luckily few friends inside the groups were nice enough to recommend me to them.

Curious... how do ER docs get much more than IM or some other specialties?

The reason I ask is that every big hospitas has some money making (i.e. cardiology and radiology) and some money-losing (i.e. EM and peds) specialties. So the hospital has to do some money shifting between departments to keep itself in the business.

Since ER inevitably loses money for hospitals (some rich, private hospitals refuse to establish an ER service while letting the academic health centers in the area set up its money losing ER shops), then why do EM docs get paid so much?

I talked to the head of the anesthesia program at my core hospital... he said there were three money making parts of the hospital... Pharmacy, the OR, and the ED.

The general consensus around Tampa/St. Pete is that about 50-60% of the charges get paid.

My fiance' had to go to the ED once (stingray attack) and the bill was $500 for the ED visit (nursing, x-ray, doc's fee, radiology fee). We got insurance but the ED deductible (if you weren't admitted) was $600.

$500 for maybe 25 minutes in the ED. The ED doc charged I think $200 out of the 500.

BTW, the stingray strike is one of the more painful injuries known to man.

Q

Originally posted by Thewonderer

Since ER inevitably loses money for hospitals (some rich, private hospitals refuse to establish an ER service while letting the academic health centers in the area set up its money losing ER shops), then why do EM docs get paid so much?

That may be true in inner cities with many uninsured patients but in areas where the majority of patients have insurance and auto insurance is mandatory (car crashes can be big money) the ER and trauma services can be big net gainers for the hospital.

I used to work in an inner city private New York ER where we collected less than %15 of what we billed. Where I am now the private hospital collects around 80-90% of billings and even the county hospital breaks 50-60%

could someone please tell me what your time breakdown is regarding....
% of time doing basic sniffles/flu/warm bed
% of time doing trauma/proceedures
% of time doing basic bs paperwork
% of time sitting on a$$

Just curious as I'm very proceedure oriented, but could handle an amt of primary care, as long as it wasn't 90% of my time.

Los Angeles job market

I know a little about this having to have to look for jobs twice in the last year or so in Los Angeles. The LA market is a mish-mash of corporate contract groups, small single hospital groups, and regional democratic groups. A large proportion of the contracts in the LA area were once owned by a single doc who was taking a significant percentage of the billings from the working docs and who still owns some contracts in LA. He's gradually lost a lot of those contracts and the above groups have largely taken over them. On top of it all, there's Kaiser, the lone standing large HMO.

The corporate groups seem to be dominated by Emcare, as this is sort of their home turf. Emcare started in the California Central Coast. As far as corpoate groups go, Emcare isn't bad to work for from my limited experience.

TeamHealth doesn't have a great reputation here in SoCal, having often staffed their EDs with FPs and other non-EM trained docs. My impression is that they're losing out in the LA area.

EMPG I don't know much about at all.

California's largest democratic group is California Emergency Physicians. Their home turf is Northern California, where they have most of their contracts. In SoCal, they've got a bunch of contracts in Orange County, not much in LA County. A pretty good group to work with.

Other smaller groups that I don't know much about are JJ&R (privately held), EMMA, etc.

There are some single hospital groups that I know about, which you really won't be able to learn about unless you ask about a specific hospital.

Kaiser isn't a bad place for EM docs to work. The pay isn't great (the per diem rate is around $100 hr), but the work is pretty easy and the work environment is benign.

As I've noted the Kaiser per diem rate is considered pretty low for the LA area. Most everybody else will be paying better than that, sometimes quite a bit more. Orange County in general pays better as it's got less unemployed and uninsured people in it, in some cases dramatically better. I know of a couple contracts there that pay their docs over $200/hour not including a yearly bonus. Of course, those jobs don't come up often, as nobody ever wants to quit.

TysonCook said:
could someone please tell me what your time breakdown is regarding....
% of time doing basic sniffles/flu/warm bed
% of time doing trauma/proceedures
% of time doing basic bs paperwork
% of time sitting on a$$

Just curious as I'm very proceedure oriented, but could handle an amt of primary care, as long as it wasn't 90% of my time.
This will vary dramatically depending on the location and the amount of the admin work any individual doc does. What are your expectations about what other fields fare in those categories?

I guess that it would matter where you are. But in your opinions, do you do more of what is considered "primary care"? I really do not love seeing a lot of sniffles, and med refill requests. I do love to do proceedures and take care of legitimate cases.

So to rephrase my question into two parts.
1) In context of location being urban or in the sticks?
2) do you find the majority of your time spent doing proceedures or taking care of what is traditionally considered "primary care" (flu, sniffles, upset stomach, warm bed+sandwich)?

Let me say a little something about the midwest where I am currently trapped. I hope to be getting out of the midwest soon. That being said I have gotten some good info. Inner city Teaching ED. Starting about 170-180K per yr. Non teaching suburban hospital starting salary is about 220-225K working 14 shifts (a mix of 8,10 and 12s).

Other useful info, I know one of the attendings at the teaching hospital makes 250K. Also another attending at the same place told me that their malpractice (paid by the hospital) is about 50K / physician. They do rather well IMO.

The shift work of an EM physician is give and take. You can work as little or as much as you want, most do about 12 shifts a month, about 3 per week (36 hours). BUT, you WILL at some point have to work on Christmas, Thanksgiving, your kid's birthday, your aniversary, etc. Those willing to do that are cut out for EM.

Also, keep in mind that you will not have much variety in your work envt, ie you will always be working in an ER or similar envt. Also, you can't control your envt, you are not your own boss. If a nurse irritates you, you can't fire him/her, for example. BUT, you also do not have the responsibility that comes with owning a practice.

Finally, there is a ceiling in how much you can earn. Most EM's in the La area where I am from are paid 85-120 per hour. All of the people that I have talked to, who are EM physicians, deny the astronomical 200-250/hr wages that are rumored to exist (mostly by med students). Most claim that you will start off at 160,000/year and max at 200,000/yr. This jives with average salaries reported by most sources. The more trauma that you deal with, the more you get paid.

buddym said:
Finally, there is a ceiling in how much you can earn. Most EM's in the La area where I am from are paid 85-120 per hour. All of the people that I have talked to, who are EM physicians, deny the astronomical 200-250/hr wages that are rumored to exist (mostly by med students). Most claim that you will start off at 160,000/year and max at 200,000/yr. This jives with average salaries reported by most sources. The more trauma that you deal with, the more you get paid.
I'm working in the LA area, and I know of nobody making as little as 85/hour. Even Kaiser pays more than that. I'm sure there must be a few places paying that little, but I know the going rates for most of the hospitals at least on my side of LA, and none of them are that low.

Also, the bit about seeing more trauma being higher paid is completely wrong. Trauma care is largely uncompensated in California. That's not true everywhere, but it is in California. In Arizona, Level I trauma is fully funded by the state. In Florida, no-fault auto insurance pays for medical care related to pretty much all auto accidents except those that don't have auto insurance, so treating MVA victims in Florida is pretty lucrative. In California, auto insurance doesn't pay for medical care, and the personal violence that people perpetrate on each other is generally between uninsured assailants and uninsured victims. A no-win situation. The county subsidizes a few trauma facilities, but by no means does it fund trauma in general. If a community hospital gets walk-in trauma, it generally eats the cost of it.

Unless, by "La" you mean "Louisiana", in which case I have no clue.

Sessamoid said:
I'm working in the LA area, and I know of nobody making as little as 85/hour. Even Kaiser pays more than that.
I think we (Kaiser) now pay either 110 or 120/hr to our board certified per diems....BE's get paid 5/hr less, and residents get 10/hr less...

This thread's gotten a bit scatter-brained, so I don't mind posting the following questions:

1- How hard is it to move to a new region after training in EM? If I train in Chicago am I locked into the midwest, or if I train in NC will I spend the rest of my career in the southeast?

2-Working holidays - I've convinced myself that this ain't so bad. If I have to work an 8 hour shift on X-Mas I can still enjoy the holiday with my family. Either I work the overnight on X-Mas Eve & spend the day with the fam, work the swing shift & have to eat X-Mas dinner at lunch time, or I work the night shift & just have to take a nap before work. Any of the above still allow me to enjoy some part of X-Mas with my family. It seems to me that most other permutations (8 vs 10 vs 12 hour shifts) would work out one way or another also.Am I missing something & actually way off here?

Thewonderer said:

The reason I ask is that every big hospitas has some money making (i.e. cardiology and radiology) and some money-losing (i.e. EM and peds) specialties. So the hospital has to do some money shifting between departments to keep itself in the business.

The simple answer is that hospitals are required to maintain ED services, and that the private attendings (the money makers in your view) don't want to cover the ED - like they did in the "good 'ole days". Thus hospitals have to pay a premium to get somebody to do the job.

The more complex answer is that ED actually MAKE money for the hospital- not in direct costs within the ED- but the ED is generally the #1 source of admissions to the hospital and the ICU, the #1 source of surgical patients, the #1 source of heart caths, labs, xray.... etc... Furthermore quality EM physicians can optimize revenue (ie admit people who need admission) and decrease costs (not shotgun every chest pain).

ERMudPhud said:
See the related thread on night shifts but if you look hard enough you can find almost any system.

I work weekend nights only and do other things during the week. Ski areas are almost empty during the week:)

My wife does 9 shifts a month- 4 nights one week, a week off, then 5 days, then another week off.

Most of my friends work between 10 (the ones who like to play) and 18 (the ones who like money) shifts per month. Some do a mix of days and nights and others are in a system where the most junior partners work all the nights and yearn for the days they will be senior partners and never work a night again.

Most of the groups my friends work with have enough flexibillity that they can take a month or two off every few years for a big trip as well. You are unlikely to find this amount of freedom and potential for part time work in many other fields. Plus, the work itself is really fun.

Please excuse me I am repeating a question here. The pages for the EM forum are so vast it's hard to read/search them all. I was wondering... I often here that EP in groups work a set amount of hours. Say 1900 hrs per year. That's about 10 months of working four 12 hour shifts/week. Supppose someone does work a schedule like that. Are they entitleed to be on "vacation" for over a two months out of the year? Or is it more typical for EP to spread out the 1900 hrs/ year. And divide there "vacation" time throught out the year.
Now that I have written this out, I quess my real question is: Do EP have more time outside of their careers to pursue other interests? How does it compare to other fileds like Surgery or a sub-specialty of Medicine like Pulm or Cards. Thanks

WilcoWorld said:
1- How hard is it to move to a new region after training in EM? If I train in Chicago am I locked into the midwest, or if I train in NC will I spend the rest of my career in the southeast?

There was a study a couple of years ago that showed residents typically stayed near to where they trained. That being said, only one resident from my class stayed in the same city, 3 others stayed in state and 3 moved away. It all depends on what you want. It's easier and more comfortable to stay close; but if you are willing to do the research and take a risk you can go wherever you want...

Hey Sessamoid! I meant LA, I was referring to Louisiana. And I am no expert, I just know what others who are in the field have told me. And on seperate occasions, they have all said that the more stress you deal with (trauma, nights, etc) the more you get paid. They also said that the astronomical hourly wages (200-300/hr) that you see on forums like this do not exist. I am sure that there are exceptions, but I think that a EM doc should expect to make 100-150/hr, and that will be the limit.

I'm not sure I'm in the right "place," but does the same ER schedule apply to ICU intensivists? I'm one class away from applying for medical school and I have a strong desire to work in either the ER or the ICU. I'm a little older than the average student but I don't mind the strange hours. I worked as a 911 calltaker from 2300-0700hrs, so odd hours won't deter me in the least. One last question...Should I decide to go the ICU route, how would I accomplish that? Internal med and then ICU or can I go ER and then ICU? Any info would be much appreciated. :D

Soleilpie said:
I'm not sure I'm in the right "place," but does the same ER schedule apply to ICU intensivists? I'm one class away from applying for medical school and I have a strong desire to work in either the ER or the ICU. I'm a little older than the average student but I don't mind the strange hours. I worked as a 911 calltaker from 2300-0700hrs, so odd hours won't deter me in the least. One last question...Should I decide to go the ICU route, how would I accomplish that? Internal med and then ICU or can I go ER and then ICU? Any info would be much appreciated. :D

There are several roads to the ICU.

1) The Medicine, Anesthesia, Surgery route will get you board certified
2) The Emergency Medicine route is not recognized for board certification but its out there
3) Henry Ford in Detroit has a combo deal where you get certified in IM/EM/CC....Pitt is working on starting a similar program.

As far as moving out of your region after residency, it's done all the time. Sometimes its encouraged....I saw reps from California Emergency Physicians recruiting as well as a Kaiser-California job fair in Boston.

tonem said:

2) The Emergency Medicine route is not recognized for board certification but its out there
3) Henry Ford in Detroit has a combo deal where you get certified in IM/EM/CC....Pitt is working on starting a similar program.

As far as moving out of your region after residency, it's done all the time. Sometimes its encouraged....I saw reps from California Emergency Physicians recruiting as well as a Kaiser-California job fair in Boston.

Thanks so much for the info! :)

DocM said:
Supppose someone does work a schedule like that. Are they entitleed to be on "vacation" for over a two months out of the year? Or is it more typical for EP to spread out the 1900 hrs/ year. And divide there "vacation" time throught out the year.
Now that I have written this out, I quess my real question is: Do EP have more time outside of their careers to pursue other interests? How does it compare to other fileds like Surgery or a sub-specialty of Medicine like Pulm or Cards. Thanks
It's more common to spread them out. If you can find a group that'll agree to let you work like nuts for ten months then let you off for two, then more power to you. It would be difficult to find, but not impossible.

In general, EPs spend more time away from medicine than most physicians. Whether that's because the work situation allows us to more than other physicians or whether it's simply the collective prioritizing of emergency physicians I couldn't say.

tonem said:

Soleilpie....

I am also planning on doing a critical care fellowship. Personally, it was difficult for me to choose a residency because of the how different the various routes into critical care are. Of note, there is a difference in training times for the specialties. If you do IM/CCM it's 3 + 3 yrs which also certifies you in pulmonary. Anesthesia/CCM is 4 + 1 yrs and sugery/CCM is 5 + 1 yrs. The other option is EM/CC which is 3 or 4 yrs + 1 or 2 yrs.

In the end, I think your choice should depend on what you want to fall back on and practice in the end (most intensivists split time in the ICU and in their primary field, and many burn out all together).

From what I know about surgical critical care, most surgeons who do CCM are either interested in academics or want to do trauma surgery. Anesthesiologists practicing critical care take a huge pay cut, and have to work much more hours in order to do so because anesthesia is so lucrative.

I personally chose the more risky route and decided to enter EM with the intentions of entering a fellowship in either surgical CC (1 yr) or IM/CCM (2 yrs). The problem with doing CC after EM is that there are no designated critical care fellowships for EM physicians. We have to apply to either IM, surgical, or anesthesia fellowships who will also accept EM physicians to their programs. And because we are not board certified in the primary specialty (IM, surg, anesth) we are not eligible to sit for the boards.

Although there are currently some roadblocks for EM physicians entering CCM, I strongly believe that EM will eventually open their own CCM fellowships and establish their own board certifying examinations, so we won't have to apply to another specialties program. It will probably not happen in the next 5-10 years, but I think it will definitely happen in our lifetimes. The problem right now is that there is not enough EM physicians interested in CCM. Eventually, I think EM will become strong players in the CCM field.

Here's a good link to the ACEP section on critical care for more information...
http://www.acep.org/1,4252,0.html

True... you can also do any other medical subspecialty with critical care. Many programs offer Nephrology/CCM, ID/CCM, or Cards/CCM. I think Cards is an extra year though... so it would be 4 instead of 3

The shift work of an EM physician is give and take. You can work as little or as much as you want, most do about 12 shifts a month, about 3 per week (36 hours). BUT, you WILL at some point have to work on Christmas, Thanksgiving, your kid's birthday, your aniversary, etc.
Also, keep in mind that you will not have much variety in your work envt, ie you will always be working in an ER or similar envt. Also, you can't control your envt, you are not your own boss. If a nurse irritates you, you can't fire him/her, for example. BUT, you also do not have the responsibility that comes with owning a practice.

2-Working holidays - I've convinced myself that this ain't so bad. If I have to work an 8 hour shift on X-Mas I can still enjoy the holiday with my family. Either I work the overnight on X-Mas Eve & spend the day with the fam, work the swing shift & have to eat X-Mas dinner at lunch time, or I work the night shift & just have to take a nap before work. Any of the above still allow me to enjoy some part of X-Mas with my family. It seems to me that most other permutations (8 vs 10 vs 12 hour shifts) would work out one way or another also.Am I missing something & actually way off here?

Yes, I know this an old thread but I was doing a search on EM hours and came across this thread. So my question is, why in EM is there such an emphasis on having to work holidays, birthdays, etc? Don't other specialties have to be on call? Would not this expose them to having to be on call during holidays, birthdays, etc?

A bit off topic but as a Resident can you choose to work all nights or are you assigned to different shifts for the experience? I really like working nights and hate working days!!

A bit off topic but as a Resident can you choose to work all nights or are you assigned to different shifts for the experience? I really like working nights and hate working days!!

I dunno, but I highly doubt a program would let a resident get away with that... maybe just the last few months of training?

Night and day flavor is different; naturally during traning, its key to get all of it.

do er docs get paid maternity leave after residency? It seems to be a paid as much as you work profession. Do most practices delegate a specific amount of hours to work nights/wkdns on average - like you have to work only 2 nights and 1 weekend per mo?

do er docs get paid maternity leave after residency? It seems to be a paid as much as you work profession. Do most practices delegate a specific amount of hours to work nights/wkdns on average - like you have to work only 2 nights and 1 weekend per mo?

That is going to be a contract by contract question.

How funny is this...I posted this 8 years ago...and I got a message in my VERY OLD email addy that there was a reply!!

I am now an ER doc...after 3 years of residency in Chicago (BTW, the BEST CITY IN THE US!! LOVED IT THERE)...

...Im now in S. Cali, Orange County.

I am SO SO glad I decided to do ER...I LOVE MY JOB, but there are hard times

I am an "independent contractor"..meaning I own my own buisness, even though I was hired under a group....the negatives..I have to take out my own taxes, get a CPA, buy my own health, life, disability insurance...
....the positives...I make a heck of a lot more $$$$ and I can right off anything, Including my new Red BMW hard top convertable..whoo hoo

Def in S. Cali is a hard job market...Kaiser rules here, but EMA is gaining ground.....From what I was told, you will lose your skills if you go right away with Kaiser...they scratch your back and cover you well, but overall it is easy, and if you want that right out of residency, fine, but you will get paid less, b/c you dont work hard....and you will lose the central line skills, ect. My plan is to get with Kaiser when Im getting tired, ready to work less hard

CEP is awesome, but you have to start in a 'crapy' location and move your way up...great for some but we want to be at the beach NOW, so we are in Newport Beach..and love it here.

good luck to all of you, any ?'s just email me.

Pegasus

Reactions: 1 user
Awesome Peg. That's pretty cool to come back and see posts from 8 years ago. makes you think about where you were 8 years ago and what you were wishing for....hope you have it in a nice S. Cali job.

I agree Chicago is kick ***. A step or two up from Cinci! But, it ain't no Seattle!

Awesome Peg. That's pretty cool to come back and see posts from 8 years ago. makes you think about where you were 8 years ago and what you were wishing for....hope you have it in a nice S. Cali job.

I agree Chicago is kick ***. A step or two up from Cinci! But, it ain't no Seattle!

I thought they didn't believe in Emergency Medicine in Seattle. Pity.