You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
[Resource] UNDERGRAD GPA CALCULATOR
Started by Omni
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
i have a similar sheet for myself... good idea making it neat and shareable, though, i'm sure many would appreciate it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AMCAS and schools calculate differently sometimes.hrmmm...doesn't your undergrad transcript do this for you?
thanks.. It helps me out a lot..
D
DRIN
AMCAS and schools calculate differently sometimes.
👍 especially if you have grades from multiple institutions.
im pretty sure most schools will not calculate ur bcpm for u, which this will
i used it before i got my amcas verified. it was spot on 👍
i used it before i got my amcas verified. it was spot on 👍
I just finised making something similar to this for my self. I also added the long list of required courses I have. When I have seperate requirements for the university as a whole, college of arts and science, Bio major, my multiple minors, med school pre-reqs, I courses I want to take just for fun and honors program it can get confusing. Having everything in one list with a simple completed/incomplete next to it will make it much easier to plan out my schedule next time around
Now if it had quarters instead of semesters =D
Looks very nice though! 👍
Looks very nice though! 👍
Wow! So nice and organized 🙂. I made one for myself as well, but yours looks by far superior. Great job and thanks!
Chances are that your school calculates a B+ as a 3.5 instead of a 3.3.How is this different from the one my school provides? If my school tells me my GPA is a 3.7 but this tells me my GPA is a 3.6... which one is more accurate?
When you register other places, they will use this standard:
A 4.0
A- 3.7
B+ 3.3
B 3.0
B- 2.7
C+ 2.3
C 2.0
C- 1.7
D+ 1.3
D 1.0
F 0
Rather than calculating the "+" as a x.3, some schools count it as X.5. According to your school, your GPA will be higher than what other places will calculate it as. This calculator calculates everything at standard.
And to everyone else, thanks for the kind words. Pleas let me know if there is anything I can improve here.
This thing is great. Thank you so much!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for all the kind words!
More feedback will be appreciated. Please let me know what the next step should be or if it should be just left the same.
I would suggest putting in a section for summer courses!
Quarter system? 🙁
I thought about doing that, but the spreadsheet became too big. Rather than having a new section for summer classes, I figured people would be able to improvise by just using the additional spaces in each year to fill in the summer classesI would suggest putting in a section for summer courses!
Please tell me how the quarter system works. Is it the same thing as this semester system, except there will be 4 quarters to each year, instead of 2?Quarter system? 🙁
Is everything graded the same way as in this semester system?
I thought about doing that, but the spreadsheet became too big. Rather than having a new section for summer classes, I figured people would be able to improvise by just using the additional spaces in each year to fill in the summer classes
Please tell me how the quarter system works. Is it the same thing as this semester system, except there will be 4 quarters to each year, instead of 2?
Is everything graded the same way as in this semester system?
Hi Omni, I would DEFINITELY use this if it had a quarter system version:
- There are three regular quarters to a a year (Fall, Winter, Spring). There is also a summer quarter but that's optional, and classes taken during the summer quarter is calculated in the same way.
- It is graded the same way. My school does the exact same GPA breakdowns with the "+" and "-"
- Still 4 unit classes, at my school 12 being full time and standard being 16 ish.
-Sequences would obviously last 3 quarters instead of 2 semesters. So in a sequence of classes that last one year, say organic chemistry, the total credits of organic chemistry at the end of the year would be 4 X 3 =12, instead of the 8 units at semester schools.
Thanks!
you could just add new worksheets to the overall spreadsheet
That's what I'm planning to do.you could just add new worksheets to the overall spreadsheet
Or I may just create a new spreadsheet and just use the current code that I all readdy have. All I need to do is just create new partitions under each year.
That's what I'm planning to do.
Or I may just create a new spreadsheet and just use the current code that I all readdy have. All I need to do is just create new partitions under each year.
that would create multiple files and potential confusion, imho. with the multiple sheet approach you can one file any person could use.
Ah.
So if everything is the same, I guess you guys just want to see "Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer" per each year in place of "Semester 1" and "Semester 2", right?
yes yes!
thank you 😀
My school does not have a letter grading system, they just tell what you get number wise, i.e. 3.6 or 3.8. There's no possible way to input this into this GPA calculator is there?
Also does medical school just take my 3.8 and count it as an A- and change it to a 3.7?
Also does medical school just take my 3.8 and count it as an A- and change it to a 3.7?
well, here's a work-around.
Go to "Sheet 2" in the spreadsheet. Change the letter grades to whatever numbers your school uses and just input those letters in.
For example, if your grades are:
3.7, 3.8, 3.85, 3.6, 3.21 or things along that line, just change the letter values into those that you have and just use those letters.
As for how AMCAS calcualtes that kind of GPA is out of my scope. My guess would be that it would stay the same. Just google it and you should be able to find out. I know theres a whole 5 page report by amcas on how they calculate everything from different systems.
Go to "Sheet 2" in the spreadsheet. Change the letter grades to whatever numbers your school uses and just input those letters in.
For example, if your grades are:
3.7, 3.8, 3.85, 3.6, 3.21 or things along that line, just change the letter values into those that you have and just use those letters.
As for how AMCAS calcualtes that kind of GPA is out of my scope. My guess would be that it would stay the same. Just google it and you should be able to find out. I know theres a whole 5 page report by amcas on how they calculate everything from different systems.
My school does not have a letter grading system, they just tell what you get number wise, i.e. 3.6 or 3.8. There's no possible way to input this into this GPA calculator is there?
Also does medical school just take my 3.8 and count it as an A- and change it to a 3.7?
Whoa, never heard of that! Might be a special case or something...
Thx for the loophole. This spreadsheet is awesome!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey this excel sheet is awesome, Just wondering, how would I be able to put in any retakes or withdrawals from classes?
nevermind, they count as separate classes, thx
Sorry, I didn't put in that functionality for the sake of of simplicity.Hey this excel sheet is awesome, Just wondering, how would I be able to put in any retakes or withdrawals from classes?
You can just go in and manually change your grade around. If I'm correct, your first grade is replaced with the new grade.The new grade counts for the new semester, the old one is just taken off.
Sorry, I didn't put in that functionality for the sake of of simplicity.
You can just go in and manually change your grade around. If I'm correct, your first grade is replaced with the new grade.The new grade counts for the new semester, the old one is just taken off.
I think they both get counted actually, and the W doesnt count against your gpa, it just looks bad
Thanks man. I love you bro.
lol. It's really gunner if you can ace 10 classes.
lol. It's really gunner if you can ace 10 classes.
What about summer/winter classes?
Just use the extra spaces in semesters 1 and 2 to fill those classes in. I didn't include them for simplicity's sake as well as for making the excel sheet a bit more manageable.
However, I will include those changes in the next update.
However, I will include those changes in the next update.
Just use the extra spaces in semesters 1 and 2 to fill those classes in. I didn't include them for simplicity's sake as well as for making the excel sheet a bit more manageable.
However, I will include those changes in the next update.
Thanks bro. You are the best. 👍
Ah.
So if everything is the same, I guess you guys just want to see "Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer" per each year in place of "Semester 1" and "Semester 2", right?
There is also a difference in credits - I don't know if that will make any difference in the sheet or not. I found this on the University of Washington's website
http://www.washington.edu/students/reg/credit.htmlColleges and universities that operate on a semester system award semester credit. The UW awards quarter credit. To convert semester to quarter credits, multiply by 1.5. For example, a student who earns 30 credits in an institution on a semester calendar would have earned 45 quarter credits at the UW.
why is everyone bugging out over this? theres like a super pro amcas gpa calculator already out in the forums...it factors in quarter/semester already and gives gpa totals for each year plus a running total as well (amcas, bcpm, and all-other gpa).
http://www.google.com/search?q=amca...avclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS290US290
first link
http://www.google.com/search?q=amca...avclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS290US290
first link
I'm gonna reserve this post for future announcements or updates.
how do i calculate just a non-science GPA from this calculator??
i didn't put that feature in because i didn't think people would need ut. by popular request, however, i will do that.
Thanks man, plz have the same format so i can just copy and paste.
I developed this worksheet to track my GPA by semester. it provides the following;
Semester GPA
Semester BCPM
Cumulative GPA
Cumulative BCPM
Cumulative AMCAS GPA
Cumulative AMCAS BCPM GPA
PM me if you have any questions.
does it do non-sci gpa as well? just non-scie
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
D
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 505
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 821