"Tell me about yourself" Interview Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ERA8669

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having trouble figuring out the level of depth I should go into when answering the "Tell me about yourself" question. Does anyone have any opinions on this? I know it is open ended and I could basically say whatever I want..but does anyone have any ideas for guidelines here? I have been trying to prepare for this question but I just don't know how far I should go with it. Any suggestions would be great :)

Members don't see this ad.

search functionnnn... there's been a thread titled that floating around for the past week or so

search functionnnn... there's been a thread titled that floating around for the past week or so

with no good answers though. :)

Just say ANYTHING, it really doesn't matter.

Members don't see this ad :)
i tried but found nothing..i guess ill just go back through each thread manually....

with no good answers though.

Just say ANYTHING, it really doesn't matter.

haha ok thanks then i won't bother looking for it.

and yes but...more about myself? or more about myself applied to dentistry?

ahh i don't know

thank you. i ended up finding it and i definitely think at least some of the answers were worthwhile. for some reason when i search sdn tells me there is nothing..maybe i am searching wrong, who knows. but i found it by going backwards and thanks for posting it anyways! :)

I would read all the past threads so you know what not to say. Why do you want to say the same thing every other SDN person on this forum is going to say? I'm pretty sure from an admissions standpoint they'd like to hear different responses...especially if you want to stand out. just my opinion though.

well yes, i think you are right. however, I am assuming that "myself" is different from everyone else in at least some way or another so that is not really what I am worried about...I just wanted to know general guidelines. I watched youtube videos on this question from an employers standpoint, and they suggest that you talk about yourself in regards to the job you are applying for. in my opinion however, in a dental school interview the way you would answer the question should be a bit different. so i was just looking for help. I think I've figured it out though and have moved on to the next question I can't figure out, haha. thanks everyone :)

and p.s. I am new to this but wow I never thought id find a website more addicting than facebook!