The "Official" 6/17/2010 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Simran1031

Princess of 2014=)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I realize this test date has not been opened yet but I hope to take it for a third time around then! Looking forward to other June test takers. Feels a bit like deja vu having started the 5/1/2009 MCAT Club =)

Hopefully third time is the charm!!

The cycle has been rough for me so I am hoping I have better luck next cycle. If any of you are curious about my last cycle feel free to check out my blog that contains plenty of my rants about my previous cycle. =)

I hope to see a lot of you active on here soon. I plan to start studying very soon! (hopefully next weekend?) until then I am going to create a study plan and course of action!!

I am really excited to meet you future June test takers and I really hope we can all support each other =)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
this is my third time..so i have hated my life for many years now over this exam..now its not so bad anymore..

this is my third time..so i have hated my life for many years now over this exam..now its not so bad anymore..

Hey this is my third time too, currently i am registered for april 23rd. I have hated my life for many years due to this exam. lol

The cycle has been rough for me so I am hoping I have better luck next cycle. If any of you are curious about my last cycle feel free to check out my blog that contains plenty of my rants about my previous cycle. =)

So i just read your blog, i am in the same boat got 10 on ps and 10 on bs last june, but a 5 in verbal.

Hey,

I'm planning to take the MCAT on June 17th too. This will be my second time. First time, I got a 10PS/9BS/6VB. Verbal owned me big time! I'm hoping to get at least a 10 in Verbal, and raise my PS and BS.

Good luck to you all!

June 17!! i've already started content review and have done some Kaplan section tests. i made a schedule very similar to the 4 month schedule demonstrated by the sticky...

has anyone else started yet?

June 17th here I come... I've started to review myself!! PS and Verbal is what I'm worried most about! Anyone else?

Def planning on taking it June 17th, for the first time! but have been too afraid to ever take it, cancelled atleast 2x lol.. so yea. Hopefully this time fear won't get in the way of success =)

Same here, I'm just sort of scared taking a june 17 would be late to apply for rolling admission schools

Members don't see this ad :)
Will be rescheduling my march 27 to june 17. Is anyone using BR material for review? I have been using EKs but just heard BR is a lot better for PS. Suggestions??

sorry for being MIA I just moved so I was a little busy the past few weeks..I have been totally bad this time around and have not started studying but this needs to change asap!! I am going to make a study schedule tonight and start studying!!

i dont know why but this time im just not as motivated as last time..ah well..

I'm in for JUNE 17th. Anyone taking the exam in NY? I'll be at the Queens center at 2pm..It will be my 2nd time...but this time..it'l be full n final shot!!:D

Hey all I would taking my MCAT on June 17th. I have one question regarding TBR books. From couple of days I have been trying to search for TBR books on ebay as well as craiglist. But no help in finding anything.I would appreciate if anyone is selling TBR set, I am interested in buying it.Or is there any other website I should search. It would be great help if anyone could help because I am new to SDN.

Hey all I would taking my MCAT on June 17th. I have one question regarding TBR books. From couple of days I have been trying to search for TBR books on ebay as well as craiglist. But no help in finding anything.I would appreciate if anyone is selling TBR set, I am interested in buying it.Or is there any other website I should search. It would be great help if anyone could help because I am new to SDN.

you can order from here...

http://www.berkeley-review.com/TBR/home-study.html

If you want books asap then use a credit card.

Hi everyone! Just officially started studying March 1st. I wanted to start last month, but slacked off :) so this is sort of like my last attempt to effectively study for this test, hopefully it works out. **keeping fingers crossed**

I have a complete set of TPR 2010 edition. It is brand new. PM me if you are interested.

hi guyss, taking it in june too! 3rd times the charmmm. cancelled the first one though.

Last edited:
*looks around*
*finds a good couch to settle in*

Well guys, I just signed up for the 17th.
Turns out they're are exactly 100 days left. Its creepy to know this is the thread we're all going to be checking to see when the scores hit

I took the MCAT back in '07, got a 12, 10, 9, but my score just expiried after 3 years and 2 rejection cycles :(. My low GPA (3.4) means I'll have to bump that 31 up to a 34 or something:scared:

Anyway, get comfy guys, its going to be a long, stressful 133 days until the scores are released... urgh, just thinking of score-release day makes me sick to my stomach. There is something seriously unnatural about hitting "refreash" on your web browser and finding out how the rest of your life will turn out based on a single 2 digit number : |

Any of you using the new Kaplan books? How is the verbal book? Is it similar to Ek 101 VR..I need more verbal practice and I have done Ek and TPRH :(

Any of you using the new Kaplan books? How is the verbal book? Is it similar to Ek 101 VR..I need more verbal practice and I have done Ek and TPRH :(

I love the new Kaplan books! they are in color and have great diagrams which really help me learn conceptual information. however, in response to your verbal question, the Kaplan verbal book is nowhere near the EK 101 VR book...

and by saying "nowhere near EK", I don't mean it in a good way

Last edited:
So, I used all the AAMC tests. I'm doing Kaplan starting march 24 and ending may 29th, test is june 17th. When does every one think I should add in TBR 1,2,3?

also, should I buy any Gold Standards? If so, when should I do those???

When does every one think I should add in TBR 1,2,3?

I'd say 45 days prior to test date.

also, should I buy any Gold Standards? If so, when should I do those???

If you're going to take all of the Kaplan tests, I wouldn't suggest buying more than 2-3 of these (and one of them is free).

I'm signed up for this administration. My 1/29 results are okay, but I firmly believe there is room for improvement. I've also got tons of BR passages, four seemingly untouched EK 1001 books, a couple of AAMCs left, and old Kaplan material (FLs and section tests) that I need to get through. I'm also taking SN2ed's advice re "hat trick". :thumbup:

:luck: Good luck to my fellow '17ers!