Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd like to specifically address this message to those who are gay and out in medical school or are straight, open minded, and observant of other's anti-gay attitudes. Basically, I have a great boyfriend and would like to bring him to our back-to-school party (I'm an incoming M1 at a medical school in the Deep South). I have decided against it because I'd like to get to know the school better before I blindly out myself. However, I have wondered what to do in the future because he is a great person, and I have no desire to hide him from colleagues. At the same time, I don't want to expose myself to more discrimination from those in power than necessary. I am very much a person to keep his private life private--this would never surface in the work environment. Given this dilemma, I am wondering how anti-gay medicine can be.
If you are one of those who feels the need to be short-sighted and insist that my sexuality has no bearing in medical school, please think again and consider beginning your own thread. I am simply interested in hearing the experiences of other people with the same dilemma.
If you are one of those who feels the need to be short-sighted and insist that my sexuality has no bearing in medical school, please think again and consider beginning your own thread. I am simply interested in hearing the experiences of other people with the same dilemma.