sending DAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stevesteve121

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im a bit confused about sending DAT transcripts.

My current understanding is that I submit DAT scores to the AADSAS when i submit my app. But then some schools says they require individual DAT transcript sent to the schools?

how does the system work exactly? seems a bit redundant imo

Members don't see this ad.

Im a bit confused about sending DAT transcripts.

My current understanding is that I submit DAT scores to the AADSAS when i submit my app. But then some schools says they require individual DAT transcript sent to the schools?

how does the system work exactly? seems a bit redundant imo

I was also wondering about this....same with official university transcripts?

Besides the 5 schools I got for free, I sent official scores (at $25 each) to the other schools I'm applying to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is that something new this year? Last year it was all electronic.

Bump. Anyone have any advice about this?

they haven't changed the wordings.... it was like that 2 cycles past and beyond.

Starting from my last cycle.... the applicant can no longer direct his DAT scores to individual schools... AADSAS handles it all now. All you do is supply AADSAS with DENTPIN + date of birth and they do the rest.

they haven't changed the wordings.... it was like that 2 cycles past and beyond.

Starting from my last cycle.... the applicant can no longer direct his DAT scores to individual schools... AADSAS handles it all now. All you do is supply AADSAS with DENTPIN + date of birth and they do the rest.

how fast does AADSAS get the scores to your requested schools if you plan on taking the DAT after you submit your app?

how fast does AADSAS get the scores to your requested schools if you plan on taking the DAT after you submit your app?

AADSAS will get the scores if the official score report is generated (usually takes between 2-4 weeks).

Thanks! do you know if it's the same way with Canadian DAT scores? Will AADSAS just verify my submitted scores for me, or would I have to send them to the schools directly?

how about for transcripts?

so now you just pay ONCE to AADSAS to get the DAT scores, and AADSAS sends it to all the schools free of charge?? (i mean you do pay for the AADSAS fee but no extra charge to send DAT scores right??)

Thanks! do you know if it's the same way with Canadian DAT scores? Will AADSAS just verify my submitted scores for me, or would I have to send them to the schools directly?

how about for transcripts?

i dont' know

so now you just pay ONCE to AADSAS to get the DAT scores, and AADSAS sends it to all the schools free of charge?? (i mean you do pay for the AADSAS fee but no extra charge to send DAT scores right??)

Yeah. You check the schools you want scores to get sent to (when you take your DAT) and then AADSAS handles it all. You will input your DENTPIN to AADSAS.

what if you don't designate the schools you want scores sent to when you take the DAT? what do you do for that?

Members don't see this ad :)

Dammit, I dont like this 'dentpin.' everytime I hear it I think of an amalgapin and get nightmares of severely decayed toofers needing core build ups with pin placements. . .

what if you don't designate the schools you want scores sent to when you take the DAT? what do you do for that?

You add them. There should be a Q&A on the DAT website. You call or mail them I believe.

This the same thread as last year. i didnt pay and my scores went with my aadsas. Simple as that.

I know a lot of people got scared and paid.

This the same thread as last year. i didnt pay and my scores went with my aadsas. Simple as that.

I know a lot of people got scared and paid.

Same. I put the 5 free and they went everywhere. I thought I read in a thread now that you can send to as many as you want the first time though, so you might as well.

You have to pay $25 to each additional school to have ADA send your official report to those schools. Otherwise, AADSAS doesn't have permission to forward your scores to those schools. This information comes directly from a phone conversation I had from an ADA representative.

You have to pay $25 to each additional school to have ADA send your official report to those schools. Otherwise, AADSAS doesn't have permission to forward your scores to those schools. This information comes directly from a phone conversation I had from an ADA representative.

conversation JUST like that one tricked me into paying $450 (18 schools) to ADA while my scores woulda still been sent out by AADSAS EVEN WITHOUT PAYING A DIME

conversation JUST like that one tricked me into paying $450 (18 schools) to ADA while my scores woulda still been sent out by AADSAS EVEN WITHOUT PAYING A DIME

I think the problem is we have three different hands and they don't always play nice with each other.

the AADSAS saying 1 score(the one through the service) is enough and should be official. ADA or ADEA says you have to pay for each school.

the 3rd hand are the schools. Some schools don't have issue with the AADSAS while others demand the ADA ones.

I'm being unfair and singling Detroit Mercy but they are the only ones I applied to last year that wanted a score straight from the ADA. They also wanted a separate set of transcripts too. I don't see it as an issue if I was an admitted student and they want their own personal one but I was just an applicant. Its not like I gave AADSAS fake stuff.

This year I don't want to deal with the DAT score reports. Since my DAT fee covers as many schools as possible when I registered I checked off every school. Gonna get my 320 worth.

I think the problem is we have three different hands and they don't always play nice with each other.

the AADSAS saying 1 score(the one through the service) is enough and should be official. ADA or ADEA says you have to pay for each school.

the 3rd hand are the schools. Some schools don't have issue with the AADSAS while others demand the ADA ones.

I'm being unfair and singling Detroit Mercy but they are the only ones I applied to last year that wanted a score straight from the ADA. They also wanted a separate set of transcripts too. I don't see it as an issue if I was an admitted student and they want their own personal one but I was just an applicant. Its not like I gave AADSAS fake stuff.

This year I don't want to deal with the DAT score reports. Since my DAT fee covers as many schools as possible when I registered I checked off every school. Gonna get my 320 worth.

Thats what I am saying, ADA no longer handles scores directly to schools. It only provides them to AADSAS.... This piece of information cost me $450. Mercy (and few other schools) are still going by the older system, they are misinformed and they are misinforming the applicants.... And yes they do require a seperate set of transcripts, but this is irrelevant to this discussion.

For those if you who feel like throwing your money down the drain, by all means, pay the extra $25 to ADA for each school. For those of you who wanna make a more INFORMED decision, hold off on the paying.

Maygyver and peanutb123 aren't the only ones who didn't pay the extra $25 .... There are a few other SDN members who also didn't pay AND STILL GOT THEIR SCORES SENT OUT

Thats what I am saying, ADA no longer handles scores directly to schools. It only provides them to AADSAS.... This piece of information cost me $450. Mercy (and few other schools) are still going by the older system, they are misinformed and they are misinforming the applicants.... And yes they do require a seperate set of transcripts, but this is irrelevant to this discussion.

For those if you who feel like throwing your money down the drain, by all means, pay the extra $25 to ADA for each school. For those of you who wanna make a more INFORMED decision, hold off on the paying.

Maygyver and peanutb123 aren't the only ones who didn't pay the extra $25 .... There are a few other SDN members who also didn't pay AND STILL GOT THEIR SCORES SENT OUT

I think I told you not to last year. :)

Perhaps they've changed their policy for this upcoming cycle. The fact is that the ADA representative was very clear in the policy: AADSAS cannot forward your scores to a school without permission from the ADA (which comes at $25 for each additional school not designated at the initial DAT sign-up). Maybe there's some loophole, but I know for me, I want to do everything right for this cycle. If it turns out that I've given up 200 extra bucks, so be it. I'd rather do it right, do it once.

Perhaps they've changed their policy for this upcoming cycle. The fact is that the ADA representative was very clear in the policy: AADSAS cannot forward your scores to a school without permission from the ADA (which comes at $25 for each additional school not designated at the initial DAT sign-up). Maybe there's some loophole, but I know for me, I want to do everything right for this cycle. If it turns out that I've given up 200 extra bucks, so be it. I'd rather do it right, do it once.

Yep... I remember those words....
"ADA representative"
"permission"
"you have to pay"
"or... school's won't get your scores"

Cost me $450, amazing what people do when you put a little fear in them.

Yep... I remember those words....
"ADA representative"
"permission"
"you have to pay"
"or... school's won't get your scores"

Cost me $450, amazing what people do when you put a little fear in them.
Even if it's a scare tactic, I'd rather be safe than sorry if perhaps they've changed the policy this year.

Even if it's a scare tactic, I'd rather be safe than sorry if perhaps they've changed the policy this year.

Thats what I am saying....you have NOTHING to lose.

(lets look at worst case senario) You don't pay ADA nothing, AADSAS doesn't send your DAT scores to schools. AADSAS usually sends applications every week on Fridays. We know AADSAS will send your application even if there are no DAT scores, so, after your application is sent out on Friday, call one of the schools on the following Monday and see if your DAT scores were accompanied with your application.

If they weren't accompanied, then you can go a head and update ADA by paying the $25 for each school. 1-2 weeks later, AADSAS will resent your same app (but this time, with added DAT scores).

You could always hold off, call schools and check that they got them. Also, this year, it seems like you can just check off as many schools as you want for the same price. Why didn't you just do that?

Don't pay! They tried to pull that same scare tactic last year.

You could always hold off, call schools and check that they got them. Also, this year, it seems like you can just check off as many schools as you want for the same price. Why didn't you just do that?

because not everyone took it after the change in policy. i took it last summer and that option was not there.

because not everyone took it after the change in policy. i took it last summer and that option was not there.

That stinks. I wouldn't pay extra. Again, I didn't last year and things worked out.

AADSAS will get the scores if the official score report is generated (usually takes between 2-4 weeks).

This is my understanding, if you take the exam AADSAS will get the scores somehow.

So just to clarify, even if I took the DAT last year, when I enter my Dentpin to AADSAS this year, they will get my score?

So just to clarify, even if I took the DAT last year, when I enter my Dentpin to AADSAS this year, they will get my score?

They should do. Last year it worked for me.

Just checked my 25 schools' websites for the "how to apply" procedure and 7 of them strictly stated something along the lines of "Official DAT scores MUST be sent directly to the school, separate from AADSAS, in order for the application to be processed."

I would recommend double checking your own schools that you're worried about.