Check My Stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfertaylor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
33 MCAT
3.65 c, 3.9 s
ECs
TA 1 sem
Research 1 year
Shadowing 80 hours
Clinical volunteer 60 hours
Community volunteer 100+ hours
President and founder of successful student club

The volunteering really has helped me decide that being a physician is for me, my only worry is that my hours are a little low. Shooting for state school MD
tell me like it is

Members don't see this ad.

33 MCAT
3.65 c, 3.9 s
ECs
TA 1 sem
Research 1 year
Shadowing 80 hours
Clinical volunteer 60 hours
Community volunteer 100+ hours
President and founder of successful student club

The volunteering really has helped me decide that being a physician is for me, my only worry is that my hours are a little low. Shooting for state school MD
tell me like it is

Which state? That is important. You look like you are off to a good start, but you should consider continuing your clinical volunteering to get more hours.

university of colorado, also these will be the hours when I apply early next cycle, theyre even lower now

In past years Colorado specifically stated they preferred to see 500+ clinical experience hours. Since the new dean was hired, they aren't overtly saying that, but I've heard that they still find more appeal in those applicants with greater clinical experience than average, which you won't meet. So if you decide to apply this coming season, be sure to apply broadly. In general, 150 hours of clinical experience gained over about 1.5 years is about the average listed, along with about 50 hours of shadowing, which you've exceeded.