DAT done 1/19, what next

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vash429

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently took the DAT and here is the breakdown.
PAT 18
QR 18
RC 17
Bio 20
GC 18
OC 15

Total Science 18
AA 18

I tried to fallow dentalWorks schedule at http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=9544221#post9544221

I studied through out my last semester and throughout these last few weeks. I also used achiever, and fallowed the Chad's schedule without the QR.

I am a bio major in my last semester in undergrad. I have a 3.58 gpa and 3.25 science gpa. I plan on applying next application cycle on June.

I have about 20 hrs of shadowing, and 80 volunteering. I plan to shadow more this semester, and start setting up my application.

I live in Florida and was planning on applying to Nova, UF, NYU, USC as my top choices.
I ran out of time at the end in the orgo section and stated to panic.

What should I do now. Is this ok, or is that orgo score a killer. If I have to retake it I would study all of may (after graduating) and june and take it by early july.

I might do a better brake down later but right now confused, also English is not my primary language I come from a tiny place in Europe.

Members don't see this ad.

In general I don't believe your score is bad but the OC is definitely low. If I were you, I'd retake it earlier than July, so that you can apply as soon as the cycle opens up, which would increase your chances of getting in. Of course, this is only a suggestion and I don't know what your schedule/situation is this semester in terms of studying for the DATs, etc.

you could have just bumped ur original post

most people, if not everyone, will tell u to retake
if the 15 was in QR, you may have been able to get away with it, but it’s in OC, an important science. 15 is unacceptable sry

In general I don't believe your score is bad but the OC is definitely low. If I were you, I'd retake it earlier than July, so that you can apply as soon as the cycle opens up, which would increase your chances of getting in. Of course, this is only a suggestion and I don't know what your schedule/situation is this semester in terms of studying for the DATs, etc.

I am taking only upper level science classes right now. These were what I had left to graduate. I dont really have time to study for the DAT right now, so I was thinking after I graduate to take May and June to study (about 8 weeks) and then take the test in early July.

Now is it better if I take it 1st and then apply or apply with what I have and then send my new scores after I take it the second time.

Its probably better to take the test then apply to ensure they don't throw out your application due to DAT alone, but I'd ask others as well since maybe applying 2 monhts early makes a huge deal.