DAT done 2/14/12

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fckinfcker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I just finished my DAT today..

PAT: 24 98%
QR: 22 98.7%
RC: 22 93.2%
BIO: 20 91.8%
GC: 24 98%
OC: 26 99.2%

TS: 23 99.3%
AA: 23 99.7%

QUESTION: why is my AA percentile so high? If I look at other people's and people with AA around 23 isnt as high.. How is this calculated?

General Thoughts for SDN users.
PAT: similar to CDP.. angles much easier, TFE a little harder.
QR: similar to topscore.
RC: DO NOT use topscore for this.. completely different. I panicked and messed up the first passage because I tried to search and destroy.. does not work. I recommend read through first and then tackle the questions. Lot of general questions. I could've done better in my opinion.
Bio: very hard... in my opinion this section requires application/some thinking. It is definitely not simple recalling of information. I still don't know how I should've studied for this section.
GC and OC: very easy... Chad's video is a must and a savior. and DESTROYER.

I know I should have done better on Bio..but do I still have a chance?
My GPA is very low (sGPA around 3.1). My hope was to do well on DAT to compensate for gpa..I guess bio ruined it.
I have a bit of shadowing, but only a couple of community service.

Cheers.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello, I just finished my DAT today..

PAT: 24
QR: 22
RC: 22
BIO: 20
GC: 24
OC: 26

AA: 23

General Thoughts for SDN users.
PAT: similar to CDP.. angles much easier, TFE a little harder.
QR: similar to topscore.
RC: DO NOT use topscore for this.. completely different. I panicked and messed up the first passage because I tried to search and destroy.. does not work. I recommend read through first and then tackle the questions. Lot of general questions. I could've done better in my opinion.
Bio: very hard... in my opinion this section requires application/some thinking. It is definitely not simple recalling of information. I still don't know how I should've studied for this section.
GC and OC: very easy... Chad's video is a must and a savior.

I know I should have done better on Bio..but do I still have a chance?
My GPA is very low (sGPA around 3.1). My hope was to do well on DAT to compensate for gpa..I guess bio ruined it.
I have a bit of shadowing, but only a couple of community service.

Cheers.
Great score all around! I just dropped by to say CONGRATS and best of luck on your application =)

Well your DAT shows your 3.1 isn't indicative of your aptitude. Great job on the DAT, you killed it. You have a great chance at schools that aren't too picky about any single stat. Just bulk up on Extra curriculars between now and when you apply.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats. Seems like good scores overall don't freak about the bio.
Did you use the destroyer?

great scores, don't sweat about bio. just focus on trying to get your gpa as high as possible and you should be fine.

Beastly scores... based on your gpa i'd think you attend some sort of ivy league school where a 3.1 is amazing. i hope thats teh case but regardless, amazing scores... good luck with applications :)

I started studying like end of December, and basically just studied for the entire winter break until my test date.

GC and OC: First I watched all of Chad's video with quizzes, then solved destroyer. A few days before the test I I redid all of Chad's quizzes as a refresher. And I redid the questions that I got wrong on destroyer.I would say this will do for GC and OC.
BIO: I read cliff's bio in detail, skimmed through Kaplan BB bio, and read through Alan's notes quite a few times. I did not do well on bio so don't count on my method too much I guess. Oh, I did some tests on DATqvault, quite useless.
PAT: Starting like mid January I started doing CDP one test a day (Tests 1-10). I recommend 10 test version just to have more practice. At first I got like 18-20, but soon I consistently scored 24-25.
RC: Did Kaplan BB reading tests and Topscore tests. They were good practice, but I would say the real deal is more similar to kaplan than topscore. Topscore is entirely search and destroy, so please be aware that the real deal is not necessarily search and destroy.
QR: Just solved some questions from Kaplan, destroyer, topscore, Chad's video..

Then for practice tests, I did Topscore. Went through the 3 tests two times. Very representative of the real test except for RC.

I hope my few words could help some people get good scores on DAT. Some posts on SDN helped me during my preparation for sure..It is really not that hard..very doable..It is just a matter of how much time and effort you put in for the preparation. And it pretty much comes down to confidence on the test day. Be confident, and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Beastly scores... based on your gpa i'd think you attend some sort of ivy league school where a 3.1 is amazing. i hope thats teh case but regardless, amazing scores... good luck with applications :)

Thanks.. I did go to a top tier school.. But you know.. it is still an unacceptable GPA. Screwed around my entire college life..

Congrats. Seems like good scores overall don't freak about the bio.
Did you use the destroyer?

YUP, destroyer is a must. Some say it is overkill, and Chad's video might do, but more practice problems definitely help you in the long run in my opinion.