Dat done!!! 5/25

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sules

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Scores:
Rc: 21
Qr: 18
Pat: 20
Bio: 26
Gc: 25
OC: 23
Ts: 25
AA: 23

Im going to just go through some tips that I thought were helpful, everything else has been repeated over and over.

Number one for biology was DAT destroyer, I had a lot of questions on the real dat that were almost identical to what was on the destroyer! So make sure you know it all!

PAT: I used CDP but my pat was NOTHING like it, it was super hard and nothing I used prepared me for it! Not sure how to help out there :/

GC and orgo: definitely Chad's videos all the way for gen chem, the last two weeks I went back to the destroyer and went over a few questions here and there but his videos really helped me cover the things I never fully learned in class.

Organic was easier for me because I had just finished taking it but chad's videos helped show me how reagents might come up looking differently on the actual exam/ other names for them or just conceptual stuff that we never went over in class.

QR: My score for this wasnt very high and to be honest I didnt really study for this enough. I did a few practice exams from the destroyer but none of the questions I got on the real exam were very similar to the destroyer

RC: I only did two or three practice exams for this. Overall I was able to just skim through it and pick out the answers but obviously it would have been a higher score had I actually read it!

I studied for this for about a semester and two weeks after finals. I pretty much studied all the time, constantly going over things in my head or on a piece of paper while cleaning, etc.

And for reference, I took practice exams with topscore and qvault and I kept getting 18's, 17s, and one 20 if that on biology, I was freaking out! And for gen chem and orgo I kept getting 19/20.

Good luck to everyone else!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
congrats on the awesome scores! i cant wait to be done! lol

can you elaborate on the PAT - which sections were easier/harder than crack PAT?
for Bio destroyer - what version/year do you have?
RC - most questions were search and destroy type?
and finally Qvault - would you be kind enough to post your qvault breakdowns for comparison purposes...ive been taking them and so im trying to get a better idea of where im at..how did the question format and difficulty of qvault compare to the actual DAT?
also, can you post your topscore breakdowns please?

congrats on the awesome scores! i cant wait to be done! lol

can you elaborate on the PAT - which sections were easier/harder than crack PAT?
for Bio destroyer - what version/year do you have?
RC - most questions were search and destroy type?
and finally Qvault - would you be kind enough to post your qvault breakdowns for comparison purposes...ive been taking them and so im trying to get a better idea of where im at..how did the question format and difficulty of qvault compare to the actual DAT?
also, can you post your topscore breakdowns please?

The hardest section I had on the pat was probably keyhole and hole punches. On the pat towards the end I was getting 100% when it came to keyhole and hole punches but they had some really funky shapes that I had never seen before!

I have the most recent one, I dont have it with me right now but I just bought it january so it should be the most recent!

for RC yes most questions were search through and answer, however some questions really took time to find and sometimes I wasnt able to do so! I was really worried because I had heard a lot of people saying we cant just skip around and look for the answer but I didnt want to sit there and read it.

qvault breakdowns:

bio exams 1-10:

Chem breakdown:

1-9 (didnt do the last one)

Orgo chem:
1-6

QR:

Rc

46/50
46/50
(definitely easier than the real dat!)

Topscore:

test one:
biology: 18
(i erased the other scores for this exam sorry!)

test 2:
bio: 18
orgo: 17

test 3:
bio 21
orgo 18
pat: 18
qr: 22

I think the qvault was A LOT difficult than the real dat, it asked question that were VERY detailed that I didnt see on the exam, and many things on the datqvault that i had never even learned before! My scores from that made me delay my exam a couple more weeks because I freaked out, but it was much easier, more like the destroyer.

Topscore was so-so, i honestly dont know why I did so bad on the top score with regards to biology, it was easier than the qvault but harder than the dat and destroyer.

Let me know if you want anything else!

niceee..thanks!...im feeling that way with a lot of questions im coming across in qvault too! and its making me want to delay my test a few days so i can do more qvault problems and get more exposure...so these weird questions that showed up on qvault didnt show up much on the DAT? was the material better represented by destroyer?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know what your DAT destroyers year was?? I have 2010 one. Are there considerable differences between different years?

He/She said has the most recent one so 2012 one I assume. I did 2011 one and 2012 one, and there are number of questions added each year. You'd get more information if you do the latest version of course, but it shouldn't be too big of a problem even if you work on the 2010 version.