Disregard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am a re-applicant for the upcoming 2014-15 cycle. I only applied to CU (in-state) and Penn (have family there and is my dream school) this last cycle but did not get in (no interviews, I made the huge mistake of applying late).

Here are my stats:

3.6 GPA (both cum. and science @ a solid university)
35 MCAT

Captain of division 1 ranked program (non-football/basketball).
-Received Collegiate Player of the Year recognition my junior year and a major sportsmanship award
-(this takes up an unbelievable amount of time)

~350 volunteer hours in hospital over a 3 year span

~100 hours tutoring underprivileged youth over 4 semesters

Volunteered as an EMT over a summer (~250 hours)

Science tutor for the athletic dept.

Shadowing experience, strong LORs from physicians and professors.

Is this competitive for a school list resembling:
-Creighton
-SLU
-Loyola
-MCW
-CU
-USC-Keck
-Tulane
-Drexel
-Tufts
-Case
-DMCOM

Thanks!
-RVCOM
You should be fine with your school list IMO...

I think your application is good, just make sure to apply early this time!! It will make a large difference. I think your list looks fine, but maybe add in 3-4 more schools just to be safe. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey OP, I see you didn't mention any research in your post, do you have any research experience? The reason I ask is, in my opinion, your application is sitting somewhere between 'top' tier schools and 'mid' tier schools. A 35 MCAT score is great but a 3.6 GPA is lackluster. If you have significant research experience you should keep schools like Case Western and USC on your list and consider adding others like University of Iowa, Boston University, University of Rochester, Em0ry, NYU, etc. Perhaps even a few super reach schools that you feel fit with your goals especially well. If you don't have significant research experience I would suggest still adding some schools until your list contains at least 15. Some to consider might be Wake Forest, University of Cincinnati, Georgetown, and Brown. Best of luck! :)

Reactions: 1 user
I'd your chances are really good. You might want to consider Loyola, Rosy Franklin, Vanderbilt (maybe), Pitt (maybe), Jefferson, Penn State, Rush, Temple, TCMC and others of this ilk.

Is this competitive for a school list resembling:
-Creighton
-SLU
-Loyola
-MCW
-CU
-USC-Keck
-Tulane
-Drexel
-Tufts
-Case
-DMCOM