AA from UMUC?

Started by lehla
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lehla

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently attending UMUC since I am stationed overseas. I am getting my AA in General Studies (currently have a 3.9 GPA) so I can transfer to a 4 year university after we head back to the United States. I want to apply to med school after I graduate from the 4 year university, so here is my question:

I know that being stationed overseas limits you on what colleges you can attend and UMUC is the best option for me at this point. Should I keep my General Science and complete as many pre-reqs as I can, or should I switch to another AA degree, if so, what? If I keep my Degree in General Studies, will colleges (and med schools) in the U.S. accept credit from UMUC, especially science and math, since UMUC can be taken online or in a classroom and I don't want to have to repeat all the math and science courses I took here at UMUC if schools in the U.S. don't look kindly upon "online schools".

I'm confused, I want to take the best/right path without hurting my chances.