Am I doing this right (personal statement question)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

parapraxish

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wrote a rough draft of my personal statement for my MD-PhD application over the holidays, but I'm not sure whether I'm focusing too much on a rough spot in my life (last two years of college), and not enough on why I want to be a physician scientist.

Any current students willing to give it a read and let me know what they think? I'll explain the situation in a PM if anybody is willing to give it a quick read.

With thanks,

parapraxish
 
I can give it a read. But in general, focus on why MD/PhD. If the rough period has nothing to do with your inspiration to do MD/PhD, you shouldn't emphasize it.