are first year courses allowed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

physiorooike

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when some PT schools look at the last 2 years,

does anyone know if it is allowed to take first year courses?
 
oh that's what you meant. I thought you meant do courses you take your first year of school count toward PT school (like does your freshman chem class count for the chem requirement).

I think an admissions committee would realize you're just trying to boost your GPA...if you're retaking courses that you didn't do well in the first time around and are some sort of prereq for PT school and/or related (English composition, calc, stats, psych, sciences, etc.), then you're fine. But if you're just taking random classes, I don't think they would look favorably on that. Just my opinion though.