(deleted)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted403310

(deleted)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your GPA for all the prerequisites together and your overrall undergrad GPA are what count the most academic wise. So having one or two B's probably won't hurt you much if your prerequisite and overall GPA are good (around a 3.5 or higher).

It will be all of your grades totaled together in the end to make a PTCAS GPA, just do well in the rest of your classes. Even if you get a C plus, it really is about the total GPA from all of your pre reqs. If you find yourself with extra time at the end of your undergrad then maybe consider retaking Anatomy for a boot in GPA, but I think you will be ok

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, PTCAS calculates several GPA's. One of the GPA's they calculate for schools is A&P GPA.
However, it's the entire prereq GPA that gets emphasized. Maybe in your senior year you could consider retaking it (to refresh your anatomy memory for grad school), but I don't think it's necessary.

I got C's in both my A & P courses and got admitted into two programs so you should be fine.

Yeah I wouldn't worry. I had a C in Anatomy 1 Lab and a C in Anatomy 2 Lecture. I only applied to 3 schools and have been accepted to 2 and interviewed at another. No worries.

Reactions: 1 user
I had a bad semester, and ended up with a B- in gross anatomy and a B- in gross anatomy lab.

My overall GPA is a 3.65 however, and I am going into my sophomore year, 2nd semester.

Am I in bad shape? Because for the PTCAS scale a B- is a 2.7, so technically in my A&P section my GPA is a 2.7 .....

And if programs require you to have a "B" grade or above... is a B- not acceptable?

No need to panic at all. Keep up that overall GPA.

if programs require you to have a "B" grade or above... is a B- not acceptable?

help me : (

I know for Puget Sound, you must have a B (NOT a B-) in your prerequisite classes to be considered.

My initial thought would be no, if they say they want a B then a B- is unlikely to count. However I think some schools operate on just an A/B/C/D system rather than A+/A/A- etc so its possible that is the case. Unfortunately the only way to know for sure is to check out the website or email/call the school!

Wow...just realized this is from years ago, my bad! Guess that's what I get for not paying attention.