Step I Boards Boot Camp

Started by kiranp88
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kiranp88

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Our school is offering us Boards boot camp. It seems rather long but doable if I start now (start in Jan for June Exam). I just don't know whether its worth going through it b/c I don't know much about it. Students in the past have given mixed opinions and I want to know what you all think of it and how you did using it?

Thanks!
 
My school got it for us and my class had an abysmal first-time pass rate. I chose not to use it because I couldn't find any reviews on it. Looking back, that was the best decision I ever made.

Trust me: stick to the proven triad of UWorld, First Aid, and Goljan/Pathoma. This will work for both COMLEX and USMLE (which I highly, highly suggest you take).

Edit: if you're just trying to pass the COMLEX, you can use BBC (for example, if you failed a class or three or just have a very weak background). If you've been a student in the top third or quartile, do yourself a favor and don't touch it. If you only used BBC for USMLE you stand a good chance of failing it or just barely passing.