Bohr Atom

Started by Lafakad
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lafakad

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm looking through my TPR book and I'm really confused on this part.

What is even a Bohr Atom?
 
So I'm looking through my TPR book and I'm really confused on this part.

What is even a Bohr Atom?

An atom with just one electron. Ie Hydrogen, ionized helium (He+), doubly ionized lithium (Li2+).

It's been a while since Gchem so maybe someone else can chime in as well.
 
I don't have the text, but Bohr Atoms are just referred to those that Bohr was able to show to exhibit the orbital-pathing electrons around a positive nucleus. These were just the one-electron elements such as hydrogen

By the way, the modern view is electron clouds not orbits.