CVS Caremark Should Acquire Walgreen

Started by rickyroxy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

That was one of the dumbest articles I have ever read. Written by someone who has no clue about pharmacy.

No way dude, why stop with Walgreens? CVS should buy Walmart, and Rite Aid, and hell, why not McDonalds, and the state of Montana, and Budweiser while they're at it... yeah makes perfect sense.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wouldn't mind if CVS buys some liquor companies/breweries if I can get my discount on them. LOL.
 
Yea this is literally an impossible move/idea. On the other hand, I think CVS should follow Walgreens lead and also drop ESI (especially if they merge with Medco) and thus deliver a huge blow to the PBM's market share/penetration. A combined effort from WAG and CVS could lead to a shift in the paradigm of how retailers do business with PBM's, maybe even lead to direct business with the retailers and insurance companies...cutting out the middle men. Who knows, something needs to change though.
 
He's an ob-gyn though, PBMs and pharmacy aren't really his area of expertise :meanie:

I was talking about burying gold bars in his backyard. If you knew anything about his policies that would be obvious.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It wouldnt be allowed first of all. The US has rules against monopoly and if CVS-WAGS were to combine they would control probably 50% of the market. Plus, it would take entirely too much money for either company to acquire one another. Both companies are doing really well and are Fortune Top 50 companies. It would probably take almost 100 billion to acquire WAGS and in excess of 100 billion to get CVS Caremark