Emory externship

Started by roottip
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

roottip

roottip
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm interested in doing an oral surgery externship at Emory but can't find any info. on their website. I'm not sure if I should call someone there or send a letter or something else? Anyone done an externship there or know something about it? Any info. would be appreciated. Thanks.
 
Call the Residency Coordinator at Emory or you can email the PD... You can get the contact information from their website. The application requirements are pretty much the same as everywhere else, CV, LOR, NDBE, completed application, transcripts, and proof of liability... Apply well in advance of your proposed dates because you'll need some time to arrange your own living accommodations. At Grady you'll extract a lot of teeth, and see some impressive trauma on call nights. The Emory Clinic doesnt offer much for you to do besides observational learning. However I saw a lot and learned alot while I was there. Hopefully you'll feel the same way. Also be prepared to be pimped. And there is an application fee payable to Emory University.

Best of luck