PhD/PsyD emotion regulation questionnaires

Started by deadmau5
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

deadmau5

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wondering if anyone has suggestions of questionnaires to use for assessing a broad range of strategies for emotion regulation.

I'm hoping to cover the following strategies:
- reappraisal
- suppression
- avoidance (experiential, but also anxiety-related)
- acceptance/mindfulness
- rumination
- problem solving

I'm also looking for anything that can provide adequate coverage for covert and overt Emo Reg like substance abuse, self-harm, anger/aggressive towards others, withdrawal from social life, etc. since all of the above are covert.

I'm not looking to use the ERQ because it's only been effective for assessing reappraisal and not suppression. (10 questions, suppression = 4 items).
I've also looked into the following White Bear Suppression Inventory, COPE, DERS (has mindfulness which is nice, but generally an ineffective scale for us), CERQ, Ways of Coping, RRS (Nolen-Hoeksema), Coping Strategies Inventory, Problem Solving Inventory, AAQ (only 10 items, one area), Negative Affect Repair Questionnaire, Cognitive Behavioral Avoidance Questionnaire, Affective Style Questionnaire (odd factor names though). In the end, looking for 5-6 questionnaires for adequate coverage.

3 populations of interest: BPD, mood/anxiety clinical comparison group, healthy controls.

Any insight would be helpful, thanks! 🙂