Help needed -- GW secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

poor ol' Gil

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So George Washington's essay reads:

Briefly describe the factors that motivated you to apply to GWSOM. Please include highlights of your experiences that demonstrate commitment to medicine as well as role models, mentors, family who influenced your decsion to apply to GW.

My question is -- is this a "why GW" essay or a "why medicine" essay. Cuz I think you could easily argue both sides. But I can't answer both in the 8 lines provided. It could be that I'm just stupid, but this question seems to be wanting two answers. 👎
 
I agree......and what's with asking if there are friends, mentors, family members who influenced you to apply to GW? I don't really know how to handle this question.
 
I would say: why GWU. B/c "why medicine" was answered on personal statement. 😕 😕
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
its why GW. I had to do some research on the school and what I remember of the area when I used to live on the east coast to answer this...cause i honestly picked this school on the AMCAS cause everyone applies here and i didnt want to be left out. 😉.
 
When I did the secondary, I answered something along the lines of both with a greater emphasis on why gw. If you visit the school's web site it'll give you tons of reasons why you want to come here.