How can I get summer experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Honestly, I would relax a little bit if you can because your summer break later on will consist of work. I'd say find some extracurriculars that interest you then go from there. I started volunteer coaching youth soccer since I've played for years, and enjoy teaching the sport. I would start volunteering in a hospital first and make some connections like I did since it ultimately landed me a job in the ER and plenty of shadowing. Volunteering in a hospital allows you meet plenty of people that can help put in a good word. You have to realize some doctors are just plain busy, and might have to reject you. I started off volunteering in a research doing dishes and grunt work for a few months which led to 2 research opportunities. Everything will fall into place eventually. Lastly, retail is the worst job ever!!!