How do dropped classes affect my chances?

Started by Azteka
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Azteka

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello guys!

I just wanted some input from you guys if you could tell me about how bad do dropped classes look on a transcript? I have a total of three dropped classes from my whole undergraduate career (there will not be any more), and the reason for each drops are the following
  1. Dropped engineering physics second semester freshman year, because I realized that I did not want to do engineering, and had already put too much on my plate. (I started as an engineer/premed)
  2. Second semester sophomore year, dropped biochemistry (put too much one my plate, and let my pride get the best of me. Instead of admitting I had to take an easier load, I kept it and had to drop it)
  3. This semester I had to drop an upper division biology class because due to personal reasons, I could not make one of the midterms, and each midterm is worth 30% of our grade (my professor would not let me retake for lower score or anything like that)
So how bad will this look? I also plan on retaking them so I will have them on my transcript