This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted645092

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have another post at the moment about my past disciplinary problems at my undergrad, but this one is about my courses for this year.

As of right now I have a 3.3 cGPA, 3.7sGPA (terrible freshman GPA of 2.4 pulled me way down). Anyways, I switched majors sophomore year and ended up staying for a fifth year to finish up my final pre-reqs. When I had my last advising meeting I was told I can graduate with a double major in biology and neuroscience, as right now I am currently majoring in neuro and minoring in bio. However I found out that I will be 4 credits short to double major, because the biology course offerings are decreased this year due to campus construction of the science center. This means that I would have to take one of two choices; graduate with the single major and waste $10k to take a single class (yes thats the actual price) to double major, or take some non-science courses to sort of chill out for my last semester. I have to take 1 bio course for my minor, and I was thinking about doing a computer science course, and possibly an English course, along with a 4th and maybe 5th undecided course. Would this look too much like I'm trying to pad my GPA for my apps, since As in all of these would pull me into competitive range? I'm really considering taking them to step outside of the sciences a little bit, and explore other interests, because I have taken nothing but upper level science courses for the last 3.5 years. I finished my major in 3 years instead of 4, but chose to graduate a year late for pre-reqs for the double major that it turns out I can't even finish!

Why not just ditch the second major?

Reactions: 1 user
Majors mean nothing. If you did well in your science classes (Pre-reqs and upper level ones) nobody is going to care if you took some fluff courses.