I need help on natural science workshop B

Started by busdent
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

busdent

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can somebody explain me why the answer for 75 is A? Sorry I can't draw it out here.

also question 90,

which of the following compounds would have a doublet in its NMR spectrum?

a. acetone
b. propane
c. isobutane
d. acetic acid
e. ethyl alcohol

I don't understand kaplan's reasoning.

thanks
 
Can somebody explain me why the answer for 75 is A? Sorry I can't draw it out here.

also question 90,

which of the following compounds would have a doublet in its NMR spectrum?

a. acetone
b. propane
c. isobutane
d. acetic acid
e. ethyl alcohol

I don't understand kaplan's reasoning.

thanks

for 75, it's because oxygen is more electron donating than carbon (due to 2 nonbonded pairs). Basically chain activating groups are electron donating which result in increase of basicity.

for 90, I have to review splitting myself🙂
can someone else help?