l

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrm84

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
a

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Since you sent the secondaries in just a little over a month - 1.5 months ago, you have to wait. BUT I would get those letters of interest ready without mentioning late secondaries. The letters of interest will get the person to retrieve your file and put it there so that when your file is reviewed by the committee they'll see it. Is your file already complete too? Cuz if it was complete even later then you may not hear till Feb.

I wouldn't mention the column topics because of the somewhat controversial nature of them. You don't want to throw in variables that may hurt you. At the interview, applicants can give more detail so you'd be able to talk about the issues then.

:luck:

i'm also thinking about sending some letter of interests pre-interview. Should I update them on extracurricular activities, etc... (I don't really have anything new), or should I keep it a simple statement that I like their school??

Members don't see this ad :)
bump. i'm also thinking of sending a letter of interest. How should i format it? if all my EC's are the same...should i just say that i like their school and would love to attend it? any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated :)

I'd say, keep it as succint as possible since they get a lot of paper traffic. If you don't have any new EC's, don't elaborate on the old ones unless you have something new to bring to the table.

:luck:

I started writing a letter of this sort pre interview for a school. As I started typing it, my inbox received a new email. Lo and behold, when I checked the email- it was a preinterview rejection from said school. I Lol'd!

If you are going to do it....do it soon is my point.

I am in a fairly difficult position. I interviewed at 4 texas schools and I am on a pre-interview hold at GW and just recently complete at Loyola and Tulane. I took an 18 credit hour semester but 3 of those hours are my senior thesis which is an "S" for satisfactory completion but no grade and 3 more hours are my school's mock trial team (poli-sci major) and my coach refuses to give grades until competition in February. So now I only have 12 credit hours of grades out of an 18 credit hour semester. I have letters explaining the lack of grades in my thesis and mock trial class but it gets worse.

All of my grades for the past year and a half have been an A (I'm at a +/- school) and capped a very nice upward trend and this semester I got 3 A's and a C- in Spanish II. The C- just drop kicked my semester GPA to a 3.3something, an obvious dip right at crunch time and my overall GPA got hurt too 3.66 to 3.62.

I am meeting with my Spanish professor in January and doing some extra credit stuff and contesting some of my grades and the professor and I have a good relationship and there is maybe a 50/50 chance that I could get the grade updated to a C or C+........

So the question; should I send update letters without grades? Just send the grades through AMCAS and TMDSAS hoping to minimalize their impact or talk about them head on? Try and hide them untill the February Texas match? What? Just respond or PM me, any suggestions appreciated.

I would send a letter of interest if you have a good reason to. And now a good reason is to update Fall grades. Keep it short and to the point. I've said this in another thread, what I've done for a few schools is just say that I am updating completed coursework, and enclose the transcript. I then write a paragraph about my interest in the school. Goodluck :luck:

Status
Not open for further replies.