Marquette School of Dentistry – The Official Thread: Interview / Acceptance

South Ceviche

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello future dental colleges! Welcome to the 2013 application cycle!! As of today, I have not seen a thread exclusively for Marquette. Well, such a great school deserves one! :thumbup:

I invite you to post away your successes, failures, challenges, and concerns that we all can learn and benefit from them. Also, when the time comes, please post your time line as far as your interviews and acceptances go.

Let's get this ball rolling!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Hello future dental colleges! Welcome to the 2013 application cycle!! As of today, I have not seen a thread exclusively for Marquette. Well, such a great school deserves one! :thumbup:

I invite you to post away your successes, failures, challenges, and concerns that we all can learn and benefit from them. Also, when the time comes, please post your time line as far as your interviews and acceptances go.

Let's get this ball rolling!! :D

As far as my application goes, I have already submitted my application last Tue (Jun 25) as well as my transcripts and matching forms the week before. Now, I am only waiting for my school to send my letters of recommendation sometime next Mon. After that, I’ll start playing the waiting game :cool:

Applied to Marquette as well. Got an email form them on June 28th that my application has been received and is complete. Time to wait :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied to Marquette as well. Got an email form them on June 28th that my application has been received and is complete. Time to wait :)

Sweet man! If I am not mistaken, most school start reviewing application by the bigining of Sept. I think they have already received my app. fee, and ADDSAS should be sending my app. with the batch that goes on Fri. What batch number are you by the way?

Sweet man! If I am not mistaken, most school start reviewing application by the bigining of Sept. I think they have already received my app. fee, and ADDSAS should be sending my app. with the batch that goes on Fri. What batch number are you by the way?

I believe I was in the first batch. AADSAS mailed my application on June 28th and Marquette contacted me with an email a couple of hours later. The email pretty much said that my recommendation letters, $45 fee, and DAT have been received.

I also send my app in Jun 25, but JUST took my DAT. So I am guessing my app will be "complete" by July 20th or so..

MU is my first choice!

Good luck everyone =)

Apparently AADSAS has received everything, but is still processing my staff :cool: . I guess I got to be more patient, it has only been two weeks since I submitted my application :oops: . At least I know that Marquette has already received my check. :idea:

Does anyone know if Marquette offers a fee waiver though?

Apparently AADSAS has received everything, but is still processing my staff :cool: . I guess I got to be more patient, it has only been two weeks since I submitted my application :oops: . At least I know that Marquette has already received my check. :idea:

Does anyone know if Marquette offers a fee waiver though?

I E-submitted my app June 25th, but I have still not gotten an email about the $45 secondary or anything.

Any idea why?

Yesterday, I got an e-mail from AADSAS saying that my app is missing two transcripts :confused: They are telling me this three weeks after I submitted my app. :mad: I am positive they were sent to AADSAS, so most likely they got lost in the mail. The lesson out of this: be proactive, don't wait for the confirmation e-mail. Call AADSAS and ask if they have receives every single LOR, transcript, etc that was sent to them. :cool:

The good news is that Marquette has already received my app fee two weeks ago. It'd be awesome if they could use my app from last year! Oh well, I guess I'll wait a few more weeks till everything clears :rolleyes:

How is everybody else doing? :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
just called them this afternoon to confirm they received my app fee.

with aadsas sending my file on the 5th and my lors on the 12th i'll operate under the assumption i'm complete.

just called them this afternoon to confirm they received my app fee.

with aadsas sending my file on the 5th and my lors on the 12th i'll operate under the assumption i'm complete.

They should send you like a confirmation email when they receive everything.

:) It turned out that AADSAS did actually have "the missing transcript." Funny though, it took me many phone calls until finally this girl took the time to actually do the search and go the extra mile. My advice, if something does not click to you, keep on calling until the problem gets solved ;)

Another good news is that my app was finally sent today! :D I am in batch #4 :thumbup: That is not too bad, is it? :confused:

On AADSAS it shows your BCP and science gpa. Do you guys know if Marquette - and other schools for that matter - look just at the science gpa one?

On AADSAS it shows your BCP and science gpa. Do you guys know if Marquette - and other schools for that matter - look just at the science gpa one?

I believe that the committees will look at everything on your application. Otherwise, why would the even be fields for all of the stats?

I believe that the committees will look at everything on your application. Otherwise, why would the even be fields for all of the stats?

Good point. When it comes to statistics every piece of data is usefull.

Hurray!! Marquette has finally received my app and everything else :thumbup:

How were you notified? I mailed them my supplemental fee on 7/6 and still haven't heard anything back.

I mailed my supplemental fee on 7/16 and received a confirmation email on 7/23 and that they will process my application as soon as possible.

How were you notified? I mailed them my supplemental fee on 7/6 and still haven't heard anything back.
That is true. They do it by e-mail and tell you all they have received. AADSAS mailed my app on Jul 19 (batch #4), and Marquette sent me the e-mial on Jul 23. It would have been sooner but AASAS kind of misplaced one of my transcripts.

Has anybody called Marquette and ask about interviews and such?

Have a great weekend pre-dental fellows!! :thumbup:

Has anybody heard anything from Marquette? Any updates?

Has anybody heard anything from Marquette? Any updates?

No updates at all. I called them on 7/30 just to make sure they got my stuff..they said they did. I didn't ask as to what their schedule was...

No updates so far but based on last year's thread, the first interview was held on Sept.6th so I guess we have to wait a little bit longer.

Excellent! That means that they are about to start reviewing apps. Since I am 4th batch, I assume they'll get to my app sometime in Sept.....just some speculation to add some fun to our waiting game +pity+ :hello:

Any other assumptions? :idea:

On their website, they say that interviews are:

Fall, 2013 Interview Days... Interview invitations for the 2013-2014 cycle will go out the week of September 2, 2013. Apply early to ensure your completed credentials are here early enough to have been read and reviewed before early September.

Tentative 2013 Interview Dates:

Non-Residents - Oct. 4, 7, 11, 14, 21, 28 & Nov. 1

Residents - Nov. 4, 11, 15, 18

Hey guys,

I know this is a very hectic and stressful time, however I was accepted for the class of 2017 and I will begin my journey here at Marquette in a few weeks. I just wanted to offer all of you a chance to PM me with questions you may have about my interview experience.

Cheers

Hey guys,

I know this is a very hectic and stressful time, however I was accepted for the class of 2017 and I will begin my journey here at Marquette in a few weeks. I just wanted to offer all of you a chance to PM me with questions you may have about my interview experience.

Cheers

I sent you a question using the private tool, did you received it? :)

I really wish they would be already reviewing applications :smack: How is everybody doing?Any news from other schools? :xf:

Now that the AADSAS school decision portal is open, curious as to what Maruqette shows for applicants

Now that the AADSAS school decision portal is open, curious as to what Maruqette shows for applicants

I am guessin that at this point they all say the samething. Mine says file remains active in our app pool.....etc. At least it also shows that my app is complete :xf:

I am guessin that at this point they all say the samething. Mine says file remains active in our app pool.....etc. At least it also shows that my app is complete :xf:

Mine shows the same thing, just hoping is not a camouflaged rejection status... :laugh:

Mine says the same thing too!! "Your file remains active in our applicant pool and it will continue to be reviewed at subsequent meetings of the Admissions Committee"...

I think this week interviews will be handed out. I guess we'll find out soon enough :D

Mine shows the same thing, just hoping is not a camouflaged rejection status... :laugh:

:thumbup: I asked for that very reason. Good luck everyone, hopefully the invites start flowing soon

Mine says the same thing too!! "Your file remains active in our applicant pool and it will continue to be reviewed at subsequent meetings of the Admissions Committee"...

I think this week interviews will be handed out. I guess we'll find out soon enough :D

Oh, :eek: I thought they were to start reviewing app this week, and send invites in two or three weeks after that. :cool:

lol camouglaged....thanks for the good laugh :laugh: In my case, I hope it doesn't remain like that until next Feb. This is getting very exciting :clap:

Has somebody called the school by chance? :idea:

Last edited:
Sept 9th interviews will go out....

For residents....thus far 140 applicants of which 128 will be interviewed and 50 will be given a spot.

I'm a resident and am hoping to get in here. I know this because I got in touch with Brian, the director of admissions.

Sept 9th interviews will go out....

For residents....thus far 140 applicants of which 128 will be interviewed and 50 will be given a spot.

I'm a resident and am hoping to get in here. I know this because I got in touch with Brian, the director of admissions.

Where did you get this date from?

I thought Marquette is a private school, the have out-state and in-state difference as well?

I thought Marquette is a private school, the have out-state and in-state difference as well?

Marquette is a private catholic university and the only dental school in wisconsin. They take half instate and half out of state. Just spoke with admissions and they said interviews will start going out either tuesday or wednesday of next week.

Anyone ask when they're sending out invites for OOS?