This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PingPongMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you're going to take Kaplan's course, take the one that ends in March. Essentially, the actual class ends in early March but the plan is to take the FL tests they offer until exam date.

AAMC FL should be taken NO LATER than 4/16

I would not start studying until January at the earliest... it's key to avoid burn out.

I also signed up for the April 23rd date! I feel pretty weak in the pre-requisites, so my strategy is to use the full TBR set to become solid in the content this semester, before studying more traditionally with ExamKrackers and stuff starting in mid-late January til the exam.

It seems the impression is that TBR is very dense and somewhat overkill for content review, which actually sounds ideal for my goal of becoming very strong in the content. There are about 6-7 weeks left this semester which I can devote to it as my course load is very light right now. I'm thinking of it as more of a course to help me learn everything as I should have rather than pure MCAT studying, so I hope it helps me avoid the feeling of burning out. For next semester, I've heard EK is the opposite, it's light on the detail but the best for test-taking strategies and shortcuts and whatnot. I feel that having a strong foundation in content will let me use the full potential of EK.

I like to dramatize stuff, so I'm visualizing the MCAT as this great monster I must slay. My goal this semester is to build and strengthen my body, and next semester I'll devote to becoming proficient in the skills and techniques needed to take down this beast :)

Hope that helps, good luck!