My chances?

Started by asykes
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

asykes

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GPA: 3.64c 3.65s (3.86 over last two years)

MCAT 1: PS 8 VR 6 BS 8 = 22

MCAT 2: PS 9 VR 9 BS 9 = 27

-2 years working as EMT with over 500 calls ran

-40 hours shadowing D.O.

-60 volunteer hours (40 in ER, 20 in community service)
 
Looks fine for most DO programs. Mine takes the avg, so you might not have such great luck with us, or, say, CCOM.

Goro is there any reason why a school takes the average after a retake? I could understand if an applicant took the exam 3 or more times. But 2 tries at the MCAT seems pretty common.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are correct and it's more for looking carefully at people who have taken the test >2x. I always feel that if someone goes from, say a 19 to a 27, that's a damn good improvement! That person I''ll always make a case for admitting.

Goro is there any reason why a school takes the average after a retake? I could understand if an applicant took the exam 3 or more times. But 2 tries at the MCAT seems pretty common.
 
You are correct and it's more for looking carefully at people who have taken the test >2x. I always feel that if someone goes from, say a 19 to a 27, that's a damn good improvement! That person I''ll always make a case for admitting.

How about some one who improves, say, from 22 to 27?