This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to give an update on my status to others that may be in the same boat as I am. I have received my first offer for an interview from DMU, pretty excited about that. I know they will most likely talk about my lower MCAT, but hopefully this gives a good idea to other potential applicants.

Question however, from my readings it seems that DMU is a little more difficult of a school to be accepted at, compared to other schools like Kent or Scholl?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone!

It's my first post here. I wanted to know what are my chances please. I am a non-traditional (28 years old) student. I work full-time.

I took the MCAT twice and got the same score (two subjects went lower) :(
First time: 21
Second time: 495
3.2 overall gpa
3.1 science gpa
post-bacc gpa: 4.0 (32 credit hours)
Experience: 200+ medical volunteer hours (podiatry 50+ ), volunteered as a medical lab tech, volunteered and did clinical research abroad. I have also done lab research for a year. Lots of professional work experience as well.

Planning on applying to all 9 schools.

Thank you so much for your time! I appreciate it.

I think you stand a pretty good chance, especially if you apply early. I can only give you a limited amount of information, but I can say with a 4.0 post-bacc gpa I think that will really stand out in their eyes. Good Luck!

Just got my MCAT score and I'm so disappointed. I scored a 489 :( (lower than my practice scores). I don't know what happened!

I've posted on here a while back but I'd like to know what my chances are at the current moment.

cGPA - 3.2 (transcript 3.25)
sGPA - 2.96
MCAT score: 489 (between 18-19 based on old scale)
750+ hours - medical volunteering experience
6 months shadowing DPM
University Honors
Medical Mission - Russia (2 weeks)

My application has already been verified by AACPMAS. Do I have a chance?!?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my MCAT score and I'm so disappointed. I scored a 489 :( (lower than my practice scores). I don't know what happened!

I've posted on here a while back but I'd like to know what my chances are at the current moment.

sGPA - 2.96
6 months shadowing DPM
University Honors

Dang, I am taking it tomorrow and this has me worried. Have any advice? What was your score on the AAMC FL?

You probably don't want any advice from me. Haha!

I took 6 Kaplan FLs and was averaging close to 491 (highest was a 495, I think). My AAMC FL percent correct was ~59%

Reactions: 1 user
You probably don't want any advice from me. Haha!

I took 6 Kaplan FLs and was averaging close to 491 (highest was a 495, I think). My AAMC FL percent correct was ~59%

My GPA is pretty similar to yours. If I were you, I would retake in January and still try to get in this cycle. With that score you might get an interview but we both stand much better chances if we score closer to 500.

Last edited:
My GPA is pretty similar to yours (3.18 GPA, 3.08 sGPA). If I were you, I would retake in January and still try to get in this cycle. With that score you might get an interview but we both stand much better chances if we score closer to 500.

I do hope I get at least 1 or 2 interviews. I will probably re-take the MCAT though.

Good luck on the test tomorrow!

sGPA - 2.96
6 months shadowing DPM
University Honors

I just finished reading old comments from this thread and saw people with a similar score as me (18-19) getting interviews. However, most of them had higher GPAs to balance-out with the low MCAT score.

I don't know how this would work out for me (since both of my GPAs are not competitive). What do you guys think?

I just finished reading old comments from this thread and saw people with a similar score as me (18-19) getting interviews. However, most of them had higher GPAs to balance-out with the low MCAT score.

I don't know how this would work out for me (since both of my GPAs are not competitive). What do you guys think?
You need to retake to be competitive this cycle.

I'll probably take it in January but I'm worried it'll be too late for this cycle.
For DMU and AzPod you might be too late, but I'd say the bigger issue with them would be the science GPA. There have been people this cycle who have already been auto-rejected from DMU and AzPod with good MCAT scores (above average) but who also have low science or cumulative GPAs. For the other school's I'd say you'd have a solid shot assuming you can get that score up. Your EC's are obviously super impressive, and you can use that to your advantage when you interview.

Hello! Please let me know what my chances are in getting into any of the 9 pod schools for FALL 2016, thanks!

Here are my numbers:
cGPA=3.52
sGPA=3.0
2014 MCAT=20
2015 MCAT=494

Podiatric experience: I am relatively new to the field, so I don't have any past experience. But I will be shadowing a podiatrist starting in the next few weeks.

Non-podiatric experience: I am starting medical scribe training in the next few weeks as well. I have done research for 2 years, volunteered at a hospital for a summer, and interned for a summer. I have lots of leadership experience.

Questions:
1) for an LOR from pod, do all pod schools only need it at the time of matriculation?
2) Since I am relatively new to podiatry, all my previous letter writers were told that I was applying to medical school. I want to use their letters instead of having them change anything. Would their letters negatively affect my chances at podiatry school?
3) Do pod schools only take students that have been committed to podiatry for years and years? (because my first experience with podiatry will be when I shadow a pod this month)
4) I have not applied yet, so do you think it's too late to apply?
5) What pod schools have their students work with MD/DO students? I heard some pod schools even give the same exams in the the first two years to both pod and MD/DO students.

I would appreciate any advice! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! Please let me know what my chances are in getting into any of the 9 pod schools for FALL 2016, thanks!

Here are my numbers:
cGPA=3.52
sGPA=3.0
2014 MCAT=20
2015 MCAT=494

Podiatric experience: I am relatively new to the field, so I don't have any past experience. But I will be shadowing a podiatrist starting in the next few weeks.

Non-podiatric experience: I am starting medical scribe training in the next few weeks as well. I have done research for 2 years, volunteered at a hospital for a summer, and interned for a summer. I have lots of leadership experience.

Questions:
1) for an LOR from pod, do all pod schools only need it at the time of matriculation?
2) Since I am relatively new to podiatry, all my previous letter writers were told that I was applying to medical school. I want to use their letters instead of having them change anything. Would their letters negatively affect my chances at podiatry school?
3) Do pod schools only take students that have been committed to podiatry for years and years? (because my first experience with podiatry will be when I shadow a pod this month)
4) I have not applied yet, so do you think it's too late to apply?
5) What pod schools have their students work with MD/DO students? I heard some pod schools even give the same exams in the the first two years to both pod and MD/DO students.

I would appreciate any advice! Thanks!
DMU and AzPod are out based on sGPA and MCAT. Questionable for the Cali schools. Probably okay for Temple, NYCPM, Scholl, Kent, and Barry. Non podiatry EC's are good.
You need to spend a good amount of time doing some shadowing to figure out whether or not this a career you want to do. More than just one shadowing experience. Preferably much more than just once.

All of your other questions have been answered in other threads. The search button is your friend :nod:

My stats
cGPA=3.2
sGPA=3.1
2015 MCAT=495

Experience:

IT Technician - 600 hours
Pharmacokinetics Research Associate (clinical research) - 600 hours
Research Associate (health economics/consulting) - 600 hours
Lab research - 1200 hours
Research project - 200 hours
Director of School Department - 200 hours

Shadowing:
Podiatrist - 20 hours

My stats
cGPA=3.2
sGPA=3.1
2015 MCAT=495

Experience:

IT Technician - 600 hours
Pharmacokinetics Research Associate (clinical research) - 600 hours
Research Associate (health economics/consulting) - 600 hours
Lab research - 1200 hours
Research project - 200 hours
Director of School Department - 200 hours

Shadowing:
Podiatrist - 20 hours
Probably no for DMU and AzPod b/c of cGPA/sGPA/slightly below avg. MCAT. Good to go for all the other schools I'd say. (Although you might run into some issues with the Cali schools).

One potentially major issue: Do you have any clinic experience outside of shadowing? Hospital/clinic volunteering type stuff? That's going to hurt you if you don't.

Try and get as much pod shadowing as you can. 20 hours is okay, but more is better.

Nice job on the research EC's, that's a crazy number of hours and shows a heck of a lot of commitment. Use that to your advantage in your interviews!

Probably no for DMU and AzPod b/c of cGPA/sGPA/slightly below avg. MCAT. Good to go for all the other schools I'd say. (Although you might run into some issues with the Cali schools).

One potentially major issue: Do you have any clinic experience outside of shadowing? Hospital/clinic volunteering type stuff? That's going to hurt you if you don't.

Try and get as much pod shadowing as you can. 20 hours is okay, but more is better.

Nice job on the research EC's, that's a crazy number of hours and shows a heck of a lot of commitment. Use that to your advantage in your interviews!

Thank you for the response! I will definitely use my experience to my advantage! My issue is I'm Canadian and its much harder to shadow physicians in Canada. We also don't have podiatrist, so getting a hold of one was extremely difficult. I plan on shadowing a chiropodist (similar to podiatrist but cannot perform surgeries and is not a doctorate level degree). Should I state to the schools that I do plan on redoing the mcat or would that be a bad idea?

Ok,now that my app has been verified:
sGPA: 2.78
cGPA: 3.34
MCAT: 21 (6 in bio)

Notable extras: former nursing major with lots of advanced clinical exposure, current high school physics/bio teacher (2nd year teaching,), full scholarship track athlete as an undergrad with lots of all conference this and academic all star that. GPA has huge positive trend. 3.7 both fall and spring semester senior year taking 20 credits each semester, including 3 sciences with lab + research credits.

Way I see it, I'm right on the fence stats wise, I'm hoping my experience as a teacher will be enough to get me an interview. Only applied to Barry U. I'm married and my wife would have the most job opportunities in Florida .

Ok,now that my app has been verified:
sGPA: 2.78
MCAT: 21 (6 in bio)

Notable extras: former nursing major with lots of advanced clinical exposure, current high school physics/bio teacher (2nd year teaching,), full scholarship track athlete as an undergrad with lots of all conference this and academic all star that. GPA has huge positive trend. 3.7 both fall and spring semester senior year taking 20 credits each semester, including 3 sciences with lab + research credits.

Way I see it, I'm right on the fence stats wise, I'm hoping my experience as a teacher will be enough to get me an interview. Only applied to Barry U. I'm married and my wife would have the most job opportunities in Florida .
These stats should get you into Barry. Your MCAT is slightly below average for them, but not a dealbreaker. cGPA is good. sGPA is low and could be a potential problem.
With all that being said though, your EC's are very good. They're unique, show a commitment to medicine, and will be a great help to you during your Barry interview and anymore interviews you have should you apply to other schools.

Did you finish your nursing degree? If not, that may be something you need to be ready to talk about in your interview. Expect things like "Why podiatry instead of nursing?"

Finally, I know you mentioned that you're looking to stay in Florida, but I would encourage to apply to a couple other schools if at all possible. Even though I think your stats are good enough to get into Barry, I'm just one voice in a sea of opinions.

Good luck!

These stats should get you into Barry. Your MCAT is slightly below average for them, but not a dealbreaker. cGPA is good. sGPA is low and could be a potential problem.
With all that being said though, your EC's are very good. They're unique, show a commitment to medicine, and will be a great help to you during your Barry interview and anymore interviews you have should you apply to other schools.

Did you finish your nursing degree? If not, that may be something you need to be ready to talk about in your interview. Expect things like "Why podiatry instead of nursing?"

Finally, I know you mentioned that you're looking to stay in Florida, but I would encourage to apply to a couple other schools if at all possible. Even though I think your stats are good enough to get into Barry, I'm just one voice in a sea of opinions.

Good luck!

Thank you for responding ! Yes that is my hope, that the stats will get me an interview and the EC's will get me in. I could spin a good tale about why podiatry over nursing, but the reality is it was more circumstantial than anything else. I almost finished my nursing degree, but I was on a full scholarship for track and the school I was at cut their track program, and my scholarship ended. I transferred home to another school and was able to finish a bio degree faster than a nursing degree, since nursing credits don't transfer well.

I'm still early in the cycle and Barry is my #1 and really my only. I'd only consider others if I don't get accepted. Is something that might be advantageous to tell at an interview? Or might I deny myself an opportunity for scholarship money ? Meaning, if they know I'm coming if accepted, what's the incentive for them to allocate me any money they could give to a student with higher stats that's on the fence.

Hey guys wanted to drop in and give an update in case it helps other people still applying; I posted my stats on page 32 and so far I've been:
Interviewed and accepted at Temple
Offered an interview at Western
Declined an interview by DMU
Waitlisted at Arizona

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys,
I have a GPA around a 2.8 and an MCAT score of 499 along with shadowing/volunteering. Do you think I still have a chance this late into the cycle?

Thanks

Hey guys wanted to drop in and give an update in case it helps other people still applying; I posted my stats on page 32 and so far I've been:
Interviewed and accepted at Temple
Offered an interview at Western
Declined an interview by DMU
Waitlisted at Arizona

There's a facebook groups thread for the c/o 2020. Temple's has been made already, kent has one that's run by their admissions dept, and if the school you've chosen to attend isn't there then feel free to make one.

Hi guys,
I have a GPA around a 2.8 and an MCAT score of 499 along with shadowing/volunteering. Do you think I still have a chance this late into the cycle?

Thanks
You are still considered earlier in the cycle, I wouldn't say that we are late into the cycle yet. Your MCAT is slightly above average but your GPA is pretty low. I'm no admissions expert but I think if you apply to the bigger schools you might have a shot.

This isn't directed at anyone specifically, but imho MCAT, sci gpa, Personal statement, LOR's (esp from a podiatrist) and interview performance, once you get an interview invite are the most important things that Pod Schools look at. If those things aren't at least average, especially the 1st two, your chances to get into Pod school do take a pretty big hit, even if you have great EC's. So don't think that EC's will save you if those other things are quite poor.

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to get some thoughts on my situation, which has now left me somewhat confused/worried.

I have received invites for interviews from both DMU and Scholl, which I am extremely grateful for. However, I just got home today and received a rejection letter from Kent, in which specifically mention my 19 MCAT. With nothing against Kent, I am curious why I feel from my research that DMU and Scholl sent out interviews and Kent rejected, is it that Kent is increasing their overall requirements?

Maybe I am just over thinking this entire situation before my first interview Friday but now I am worried that my interviews with the other schools will be over before they begin.

Looking forward to hearing anyone's thoughts!

Thanks

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to get some thoughts on my situation, which has now left me somewhat confused/worried.

I have received invites for interviews from both DMU and Scholl, which I am extremely grateful for. However, I just got home today and received a rejection letter from Kent, in which specifically mention my 19 MCAT. With nothing against Kent, I am curious why I feel from my research that DMU and Scholl sent out interviews and Kent rejected, is it that Kent is increasing their overall requirements?

Maybe I am just over thinking this entire situation before my first interview Friday but now I am worried that my interviews with the other schools will be over before they begin.

Looking forward to hearing anyone's thoughts!

Thanks

Admission standards are definitely going up, and competition is increasing as more people learn about podiatry. However with that being said, if a school grants you an interview then they have already looked over your stats, and now they just want to get to know you personally. The best thing to do would be to review interview questions and go over your application a couple times before the interview day. I'm sure there are strong aspects to your application, asides from the low MCAT score (hence the interview invites). Just be prepared to talk about the MCAT and explain your score if they ask you about it. And good luck!!

Admission standards are definitely going up, and competition is increasing as more people learn about podiatry. However with that being said, if a school grants you an interview then they have already looked over your stats, and now they just want to get to know you personally. The best thing to do would be to review interview questions and go over your application a couple times before the interview day. I'm sure there are strong aspects to your application, asides from the low MCAT score (hence the interview invites). Just be prepared to talk about the MCAT and explain your score if they ask you about it. And good luck!!

Thanks! I really appreciate the response, gives me a little boost of confidence. Just from my readings in the forums lately it seems that many of the schools are upping their acceptance requirements, which is great in a way, but I was just hoping it wouldn't be too high of a jump yet!

From anyone who was accepted so far at Scholl or DMU how long after the interview did you hear a definitive response?

I'm currently a junior but i just wanted feedback in order to improve my chances from podiatry school from the more seasoned vets out there...

Cgpa: 3.33
Sgpa: 3.17
(W in chem 1, took over the summer and got an A. W in Cell. bio, planning on retaking later on)
2 years of research as well as around 100 hours of volunteering hours. Tutoring students in Math for the past 3 years.

I had a really bad spring semester last year because of a shooting on campus that took the life of a friend. I was battling depression, came out with a 2.5 overall gpa that semester and an F in orgo.1. Any feedback/tips would be appreciated. Thanks

I'm currently a junior but i just wanted feedback in order to improve my chances from podiatry school from the more seasoned vets out there...

(W in chem 1, took over the summer and got an A. W in Cell. bio, planning on retaking later on)
2 years of research as well as around 100 hours of volunteering hours. Tutoring students in Math for the past 3 years.

I had a really bad spring semester last year because of a shooting on campus that took the life of a friend. I was battling depression, came out with a 2.5 overall gpa that semester and an F in orgo.1. Any feedback/tips would be appreciated. Thanks
It looks like you have some pretty good research and extra curricular, so I would say keep up the good work there. Admission stats seem to be going up every year. Both your cgpa and sgpa are low, especially your science GPA. I would say just work as hard as you can to raise those and that would really in crease your chances.... And obviously you have to do alright on the MCAT too :)

If you do well this year your sci gpa should easily get over a 3.20 , try to get the best possible MCAT you can get, so make sure you give yourself enough time to properly study for it. Too often i see people complaining about their lousy mcat score while only studying for it for 1 month. Also, apply early and get your Pod shadowing exp done before you start studying for the mcat.

Thanks for the feedback guys. In terms of classes, what would you recommend I should take besides the pre reqs. Also what cgpa/sgpa should I be aiming for? Thanks for the help.

hey guys,

I just got my new mcat score that I took in September and I want to know what my chances are now.

my info:

sGPA 3.1
MCAT 493 (had 489 originally)

Shadowed 2 pods, received a rec letter from them, submitting committee letter as well. Shadowed and volunteered at hospitals and other health professions.

I am very happy that I increased my score, but I am still a little hesitant that it's still a little low. Anyone have any input?

1. Haven't applied yet, am open to all.
2. cGPA 3.4 & sGPA 3.2
3. MCAT Score - 486
4. Podiatry Experience 4
5. Non-Podiatry Shadowing/Clinical Experience (If Applicable)
6. Volunteering

2. cGPA 3.4 & sGPA 3.2
3. MCAT Score - 486
4. Podiatry Experience 4
6. Volunteering
Everything looks pretty good except for that MCAT. With that score I don't think you would get accepted, you might want to think about retaking the MCAT.

1. Haven't applied yet. Thinking about weighing my options.

2. cGPA: 3.46 & sGPA: 3.25

3. MCAT 490

4. Pod experience: 1 with a stellar LOR from a pod who graduated at my alma mater

5. 3 years of research. 2 years as ER tech. Current scribe 40hrs a week. Taught physics in undergrad for 3 years.

6. Volunteered in hospital, nursing home, coached a girls bball team. And am a jr powerlifter.

What should I do? Am I okay to apply now? Reason being as I'm afraid that my schedule is so tough and its gonna be tough studying atm.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

2. cGPA 3.4 & sGPA 3.2
3. MCAT Score - 486
4. Podiatry Experience 4
6. Volunteering
MCAT is killer. I don't see you getting an acceptance at any school right now until you bring that score up substantially.

Hey guys,
I just got my MCAT scores back today. I'm pretty upset with my score and I really don't know if I stand a shot at podiatry school and if I should even apply with my stats. (My top choices would be NYCPM, Temple and Barry) Here's my stats to get a perspective:

1) I'm currently a senior at a pretty good university in NY my sGPA: 2.9 (Low, I know but I am working hard to bring it up this and next semester) cGPA: 3.2 (also should go up in the next 2 semesters)

2) MCAT: 496

3) Volunteered at 2 different hospitals (one started back in High school) with over 500 hours of combined volunteer experience (with direct patient contact in geriatrics and pediatrics), and I also volunteered for a program called Strive for College helping underprivileged minority high school students apply to college and successfully got two mentees into good colleges with good scholarships

4) I did research over the summer with Brassica Rapa (basically doing Botany biology field and lab research and presented a poster at a research symposium)

5) I also worked two work study jobs throughout college (one was a library desk job and in another I was a student ambassador/worked the desk for my school's office of international services)

6) This past summer I was selected for NYCPM's summer pre-health internship (where I shadowed a few podiatrists, attended some workshops and lectures and learned more about the field)

7) I still need to shadow a podiatrist and get a recommendation but I put that off as last because I wasn't sure how I would perform on my MCATs.

8) In general I had a pretty upward grade trend. I messed up really badly my freshman year so it was really difficult to repair my GPA.

Please if you could offer some advice and words of encouragement I would greatly appreciate it because I really don't know what to do and I really wanted to apply this cycle :( Thank you in advance.

hey guys,

I just got my new mcat score that I took in September and I want to know what my chances are now.

my info:

sGPA 3.1
MCAT 493 (had 489 originally)

Shadowed 2 pods, received a rec letter from them, submitting committee letter as well. Shadowed and volunteered at hospitals and other health professions.

I am very happy that I increased my score, but I am still a little hesitant that it's still a little low. Anyone have any input?
Nice job bringing that score up! My thoughts:
-AZPod and DMU are a reach still b/c of GPA and MCAT
-Should be okay for NYCPM/Scholl/Temple/Barry
-Kent is iffy since they've seemed to increase their standards this cycle
-Don't have much info for the Cali schools, but I'd say it's worth a shot

Good luck!

2. cGPA 3.4 & sGPA 3.2
3. MCAT Score - 486
4. Podiatry Experience 4
6. Volunteering

You will have to retake the mcat. Even though your gpa and experience is fine, schools really focus on the mcat score. I had an mcat score of 489 and no school has offered interviews.

Nice job bringing that score up! My thoughts:
-AZPod and DMU are a reach still b/c of GPA and MCAT
-Should be okay for NYCPM/Scholl/Temple/Barry
-Kent is iffy since they've seemed to increase their standards this cycle
-Don't have much info for the Cali schools, but I'd say it's worth a shot

Good luck!

Thank you! :)

Hey guys,
I just got my MCAT scores back today. I'm pretty upset with my score and I really don't know if I stand a shot at podiatry school and if I should even apply with my stats. (My top choices would be NYCPM, Temple and Barry) Here's my stats to get a perspective:

1) I'm currently a senior at a pretty good university in NY my sGPA: 2.9 (Low, I know but I am working hard to bring it up this and next semester) cGPA: 3.2 (also should go up in the next 2 semesters)

2) MCAT: 496

3) Volunteered at 2 different hospitals (one started back in High school) with over 500 hours of combined volunteer experience (with direct patient contact in geriatrics and pediatrics), and I also volunteered for a program called Strive for College helping underprivileged minority high school students apply to college and successfully got two mentees into good colleges with good scholarships

4) I did research over the summer with Brassica Rapa (basically doing Botany biology field and lab research and presented a poster at a research symposium)

5) I also worked two work study jobs throughout college (one was a library desk job and in another I was a student ambassador/worked the desk for my school's office of international services)

6) This past summer I was selected for NYCPM's summer pre-health internship (where I shadowed a few podiatrists, attended some workshops and lectures and learned more about the field)

7) I still need to shadow a podiatrist and get a recommendation but I put that off as last because I wasn't sure how I would perform on my MCATs.

8) In general I had a pretty upward grade trend. I messed up really badly my freshman year so it was really difficult to repair my GPA.

Please if you could offer some advice and words of encouragement I would greatly appreciate it because I really don't know what to do and I really wanted to apply this cycle :( Thank you in advance.
The first thing you need to know is that if you apply this cycle, your current sgpa is the one that schools will look at when making a decision on you, it won't matter what your gpa is at the end of this school year, because the cycle will be basically over by then and decisions about you will have been already made. However, If you really want you can apply this cycle, best case scenario your application will get verified by at least december 1st if you began your application today. Your highest chance of acceptance is most likely at Barry right now, but can't say for sure. If you can afford to spend a few hundred bucks on applications for this cycle, and believe that potentially getting into school a year earlier is worth it to you, than apply to the schools you really want to go to, but don't be shocked if you don't get in either. So be prepared to apply again EARLY next cycle if you have to.

You will have to retake the mcat. Even though your gpa and experience is fine, schools really focus on the mcat score. I had an mcat score of 489 and no school has offered interviews.
Agreed

The first thing you need to know is that if you apply this cycle, your current sgpa is the one that schools will look at when making a decision on you, it won't matter what your gpa is at the end of this school year, because the cycle will be basically over by then and decisions about you will have been already made. However, If you really want you can apply this cycle, best case scenario your application will get verified by at least december 1st if you began your application today. Your highest chance of acceptance is most likely at Barry right now, but can't say for sure. If you can afford to spend a few hundred bucks on applications for this cycle, and believe that potentially getting into school a year earlier is worth it to you, than apply to the schools you really want to go to, but don't be shocked if you don't get in either. So be prepared to apply again EARLY next cycle if you have to.
Oh yeah that I know..what I meant to do is apply after this current semester is over...Hopefully I can get the sgpa close to a 3.0 by the end of THIS semester and apply when those grades are in. Would you think that would put me at a better chance or not really? :/ Thank you for the feedback btw I appreciate it.

Oh yeah that I know..what I meant to do is apply after this current semester is over...Hopefully I can get the sgpa close to a 3.0 by the end of THIS semester and apply when those grades are in. Would you think that would put me at a better chance or not really? :/ Thank you for the feedback btw I appreciate it.
Even at a 3.0, it looks like you'll have below average sGPA, cGPA, and MCAT. It still won't be easy, but it is possible (especially at Barry). The easiest thing to improve will always be your MCAT, since its a single test score. However many classes you take you probably have so many credits that your GPAs won't budge much. If you can refocus all efforts into retaking the MCAT and scoring above average, like a 500, then I think you'll actually have a good chance.

getting over the 3.0 mark def helps out, but then you also have to delay submitting your application. However, in my opinion it is better to submit a strong application than a weak one. Try to get things done as quickly as you can, and submit the app to those schools you mentioned, and hope for the best.

Even at a 3.0, it looks like you'll have below average sGPA, cGPA, and MCAT. It still won't be easy, but it is possible (especially at Barry). The easiest thing to improve will always be your MCAT, since its a single test score. However many classes you take you probably have so many credits that your GPAs won't budge much. If you can refocus all efforts into retaking the MCAT and scoring above average, like a 500, then I think you'll actually have a good chance.
You think OP will still be able to apply this cycle and be competitive though?

You think OP will still be able to apply this cycle and be competitive though?
I don't think they'll be competitive in any cycle without retaking the MCAT, since those GPAs aren't gonna ever change significantly. I think most students that get accepted with subpar GPAs have higher MCATs to balance them out. Not to say that I don't think OP can get accepted this cycle or next without retaking the MCAT. But if they were accepted I would predict it would be at one or mayyyyybe two schools only and even then they would probably just barely meet the minimum stats that the school would even consider. Could they possibly get accepted at one of the schools with low standards? Maybe. Would I personally consider them "competitive" though? Nope, not at this point in time. But that's just my opinion, I suppose.

Thank you for your opinion guys. I appreciate it. I was really hoping to break at least 500 and was pretty confident that I did considering all my practice exams were 500 and above and my AAMC FL predicted in the 506 range so this score really had me feeling devastated. I was really shocked to say the least and honestly don't know what happened. I know that I am capable of doing better and I can retake the MCAT but I just don't have the energy, time, and motivation right now to do it all over again any time soon after pretty much devoting my entire summer to this in what seems in vain. I was hoping to apply this cycle and I don't want to waste a year trying to repair that when I can take a shot and apply now. Worst comes to worst no one takes me but hey at least I tried?

If you guys could tell me my chances honestly I'd be really grateful. Ive been out of school for 2 years, and messed up some in college but I want to turn my life around. I'm planning to apply to pod school next year in August. If you guys could tell me my chances I'd be grateful.

Schools: Scholl would be my top choice, but Im going to apply to all of the schools.

cGPA-3.2
sGPA-3.0

MCAT- Taking it in April, but on my practice tests I've been around 505 pretty reliably.

Currently shadowing a podiatrist. 30 hours down so far.

Lots of biology/biochemistry research, lots of volunteering on record with room for more.

So, my basic question is do I have a shot as is, or I am I deluding myself. Would I need a post bacc/masters to even come close?