-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allizzwell

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Generally, most state/public schools are OOS unfriendly with only a few select schools that accept an okay amount of OOS. Some state schools with a decent number of acceptances that come to mind are Maryland, Louisville, Minnesota, perhaps UCSF and UConn. The schools you have listed as OOS unfriendly are indeed OOS unfriendly.

Any private school is OOS friendly as they don't distinguish applicants in terms of residency.

Members don't see this ad :)
Stony brook(from what ive heard a few years ago)

Reactions: 1 user
Some schools are OOS unfriendly, but make regional exceptions. For example OHSU accepts a decent amount of Washington residents (8 out of 24 OOS enrollees were from WA). There are too many examples to go over them all. Youll have to buy the ADEA guide and see for yourself.

Oklahoma accepted 12 OOS last year. Indiana 34. Ohio State 22. Stay away from Texas.

Generally, most state/public schools are OOS unfriendly with only a few select schools that accept an okay amount of OOS. Some state schools with a decent number of acceptances that come to mind are Maryland, Louisville, Minnesota, perhaps UCSF and UConn. The schools you have listed as OOS unfriendly are indeed OOS unfriendly.

Any private school is OOS friendly as they don't distinguish applicants in terms of residency.

Uconn has preference over New England though correct??

Uconn has preference over New England though correct??

That is correct. From what I remember in the ADA book (from 2012-2013), they accepted about 15 people from states outside of New England states.

Im from texas and i know for a fact that a total of 80 oos students were accepted to the three dental schools combined 2gether last year. hope this helps ;)

Im from texas and i know for a fact that a total of 80 oos students were accepted to the three dental schools combined 2gether last year. hope this helps ;)

I think you added an extra zero to your number.
I thoguht it was around 10 for 3 schools combined..
80 is way too many.

Yeah I've heard don't even apply to Texas schools if you are OOS.
But I don't know whether or not I should apply to UCLA..

Well answer these two questions:

1. Do you think your stats are competitive enough for the school
2. Are you short on money for an extra application fee

Minnesota's very OOS-friendly. Beautiful campus too! Pitt also seems very OOS-friendly.
I'd actually say UF is worth a shot if your DAT score is 21 or above and you have good ECs. If you manage to get an interview there, you have a very good chance of being accepted.

I see you've posted you have a pretty typical GPA. Can you post a general summary of ECs? That'd help narrow it down.

UMKC is an excellent school and can only hope to get accepted here! I'm applying now and got interviewed already. In regards to your question, it's DEFINITELY not OOS friendly. It's really hard to get in unless you're from the states they have agreements with (which WA is not included). They would probably accept maybe 1 or 2 students that aren't from the agreement states each year if they have outstanding stats (over 20 in each section for the DAT). Unless you have a high GPA, high DAT, and outstanding extracurricular activities I unfortunately would discourage you from applying to UMKC. Good luck with your school list and application process next year!! :)