PA-C/MPH.. dual programs?

Started by plouffes
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

plouffes

SICU RN
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience with dual PA degrees such as PA/MPH or PA/MBA? Which programs offer these degrees? Is it worthwhile to complete such a degree? Also, has anyone had any experience completing a PA degree at one university while taking online courses toward a MPH or MBA at a separate university? Thanks
 
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience with dual PA degrees such as PA/MPH or PA/MBA? Which programs offer these degrees? Is it worthwhile to complete such a degree? Also, has anyone had any experience completing a PA degree at one university while taking online courses toward a MPH or MBA at a separate university? Thanks

touro in california offers dual pa/mph in 2 yrs, GW has a 3 yr dual program. I know there are others but don't know where. I know a few pa/mph folks. honestly it looks great on a resume for teaching/admin purposes but doesn't get them any more money.
now pa/pharmd...of which there are several 5 yr programs, what a combo!
 
touro in california offers dual pa/mph in 2 yrs, GW has a 3 yr dual program. I know there are others but don't know where. I know a few pa/mph folks. honestly it looks great on a resume for teaching/admin purposes but doesn't get them any more money.
now pa/pharmd...of which there are several 5 yr programs, what a combo!

Thanks.. You always seem to know what you're talking about.. I've read several of your posts and all of them helpful.

I am still Pre-PA, and I was just thinking a MPH would be nice for admin.. later on, after practice for some years. I'm just kinda weighing my options..

PA/Pharmd-- haven't heard of these program, but you're right, what a combo.

Thanks again!